[1.1.76] Flamethrower turret fluid stream audio playing through programmable speakers

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Jatros
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.76] Flamethrower turret fluid stream audio playing through programmable speakers

Post by Jatros »

Hello! Recently I was experimenting with an alarm system using the programmable speaker. While I was testing it, I would occasionally hear the sounds of my flamethrower turrets audio replacing the audio of the alarm, (specifically the fluid stream noise, not the mechanical sound of the turret itself moving). This happened despite me being no where near the audio range of the turrets. The blinking light on the programmable speaker also stops blinking when the fluid stream sound is happening, and returns to normal blinking when it goes back to the alarm sound. (not sure how notable it is, but both of the times I encountered this problem was on death-world settings, with biter bases at maximum size and frequency.)

I've attached a save file where I recreated the issue with just a constant combinator and a speaker. The video is an example of me recreating the issue.

Video Link:
https://youtu.be/mqVSYMWjxy0

First time submitting a bug report, so I apologize for anything I missed. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Log File
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
FlameThrower Turret and Speaker Bug Report.zip
Save file with issue recreation
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 45 times

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Donion] [1.1.76] Flamethrower turret fluid stream audio playing through programmable speakers

Post by Donion »

Hello! Thank you for the detailed report, it made it easy to find the issue.
As it turns out it was already fixed for 1.2 as a part of a larger refactor. I will backport part of it as a fix for 1.1.

Jatros
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Donion] [1.1.76] Flamethrower turret fluid stream audio playing through programmable speakers

Post by Jatros »

Donion wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:29 pm
Hello! Thank you for the detailed report, it made it easy to find the issue.
As it turns out it was already fixed for 1.2 as a part of a larger refactor. I will backport part of it as a fix for 1.1.
Thank you for the fix, and the fast reply! You guys do great work :D

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Donion »

The issue is now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”