[1.1.74] Train light cone visible in preview on other surface

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jDomantas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.74] Train light cone visible in preview on other surface

Post by jDomantas »

Reproduced with space exploration 0.6.90. I'm assuming that this is factorio bug and not an issue with space exploration. I'm not familiar with modding api to be able to reduce the reproduction.

I set up a train on nauvis to drive in a circle (only so that it would have the lights on):

Space elevator has a preview for the other side (same coordinates but on orbit's surface), and in the preview I can see the lights from nauvis train:

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.74] Train light cone visible in preview on other surface

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.75. There was an incorrect surface check when rendering train lights that was filtering for a player's surface instead of the preview-provided surface.

Btw when reporting please make bug reports more helpful. I remember there was already similar issue fixed and i wanted cross check game version but there was no log file provided. Because of missing save file i had to compose entire mod pack from scratch and find how to reproduce that contraption, a lot of manual stuff i had to do what you already had to record the videos. Such save file would also help finding the issue because i wasted like 30 minutes trying to reproduce this issue only to find out that in order for this issue to happen it must be also dark on the orbit surface, which was a detail i was missing that basically made me want to cross check the game version.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”