[Donion] [1.1.69] Accumulator idle sounds don't start

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[Donion] [1.1.69] Accumulator idle sounds don't start

Post by Kayanor »

Accumulator idle sounds don't start when the accumulators start charging, they will however start playing the idle sound, once the power source is removed. Then the idle sound plays continuously, independent of if the accumulator is charging or not.

Description:
When placing new accumulators, after connecting them to a power source they only play their charging sound, not the "normal" idle sound. This means, as soon as the accumulators are full, they become completely silent. If however the power source is disconnected from the accumulators, the idle sound suddenly appears and will then play independently of if the accumulator is charging or not.
Here is a video in which I demonstrate these issues with the "show-environment-sound-info" debug option enabled. There is also a weird dip in the lab sound volume at one point, I can't reproduce that.

What I expected:
Newly built accumulators start playing their normal idle sound as well as the charging sound as soon as they get powered.

What I got:
New accumulators only play the charging sound when powered. The idle sound only starts playing as soon as the power source is removed.

Steps to reproduce:
-> No idle sound for new accumulators
  1. Place some accumulators
  2. if they aren't connected to power, connect them
  3. only the charging sound is heard
  4. remove the power source
  5. charging sound disappears (expected), idle sound appears
  6. reconnect them to power
  7. charging sound starts again, idle sound persists (expected)
Edit: split original post into two
Edit: split the split post into two, so there's three in total
Attachments
Testomatik.zip
That weird savegame I used in the video.
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
factorio-current.log
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Former moderator.

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Donion] [1.1.69] Accumulator idle sounds don't start

Post by Donion »

Thanks for the report. This was caused by incorrectly checking for the accumulators' energy. Also due to a limit on how many accumulators can play their sound at the same time, accumulators above that limit could play their idle sounds when they shouldn't.
Both of those issues are now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”