[Klonan] Map string does not include starting_points / map-gen-preset

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Klonan] Map string does not include starting_points / map-gen-preset

Post by mrvn »

I have a mod that adds custom map-gen-presets setting:

Code: Select all

preset["basic_settings"]["starting_points"] = {{x=2688, y=2688}}
    preset["basic_settings"]["width"] = 16384
    preset["basic_settings"]["height"] = 16384
When I start a new game this works fine and the player starts at the right point. But when I then want to play the same map again and copy the map string the game starts at {x=0, y=0}.

Note: the space ship always crashes around {x=0, y=0} and not at a starting_point. Maybe that should be changed or configurable in the preset?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Klonan] Map string does not include starting_points / map-gen-preset

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report

It is fixed for the next release

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:29 pm
Note: the space ship always crashes around {x=0, y=0} and not at a starting_point. Maybe that should be changed or configurable in the preset?
You can make a modding interface request for the freeplay scenario, since that is what makes the call to generate the crash site.
Alternatively you can use your own scenario script and make the crash site using the crash site lib yourself

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thanks for the quick fix.
Klonan wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:29 am
mrvn wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:29 pm
You can make a modding interface request for the freeplay scenario, since that is what makes the call to generate the crash site.
Alternatively you can use your own scenario script and make the crash site using the crash site lib yourself
I'm torn two ways about this at the moment because I see two cases:

1) the (vanilla) crashed ship has some resources that are really only useful at the start. So having the ship wreck away from the starting point is rather useless. In multiplayer (multiple starting points) shouldn't each starting point get a ship so the game is fair?

2) When the ship crashed everyone entered the escape capsules and landed somewhere different. Hence the multiple starting points. So it makes sense the ship crashed somewhere else and now it's a race to the ship, with some extra goodies stuffed into the wreck that vanilla doesn't have, e.g. a Power Armor mk2 and personal fusion reactor.

Note: where did the escape capsule go? So maybe each starting point should have a small wreck and a large wreck somewhere central?

Have to think about what a feature request should look like. Maybe there are even more interesting scenarios. But it's beyond the scope of the map-gen work I'm playing with.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”