[Rseding91] [1.1.57] changing dependency order may cause "corrupt map - bad load statistics size"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.57] changing dependency order may cause "corrupt map - bad load statistics size"

Post by Honktown »

When dependency order of mods is the only thing that changes from before and after a save, AND prototypes are only added, then the 'corrupt map' message happens.

Example:
dependency_order_map_corruption_A_1.0.0.zip
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
dependency_order_map_corruption_B_1.0.0.zip
(1017 Bytes) Downloaded 92 times
A_then_B.zip
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
A has a procedural function to create prototypes. B adds a prototype. A does not create a prototype because it is ordered before B.

Expected Solution: Change the "dependencies" : ["base"] in A to "dependencies": ["base", "dependency_order_map_corruption_B"]

Restart Factorio, load the save. Message:

Code: Select all

8.912 Warning Map.cpp:346: Map loading failed: corrupt map - bad loaded statistics size: 531 != 532
   8.963 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1599: corrupt map - bad loaded statistics size: 531 != 532
*IF* a prototype goes missing, the game pops up the dialog that XYZ has been removed.

Expected result: No error, additional prototypes work as expected (even if a manual reset_technology_effects() etc is needed)
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.57] changing dependency order may cause "corrupt map - bad load statistics size"

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”