[Klonan] [1.1.41] Minor English locale inconsistencies

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Klonan] [1.1.41] Minor English locale inconsistencies

Post by Xorimuth »

Hello, these are some minor inconsistencies that I've noticed. Some are more unambiguously incorrect than others.
core.cfg:1982

Code: Select all

scroll-to-change-active-specific=Use __CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN____1__mouse wheel__CONTROL_STYLE_END__ to change active blueprint.
'mouse' should be capitalised for consistency with all other control names that have their own locale. (Everywhere else the control after the modifier is capitalised like "Shift + Mouse wheel down" but here it currently reads "Shift + mouse wheel".)
core.cfg:1631

blueprint-preview-hint-generic=__CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN__Right click __CONTROL_STYLE_END__ to remove, __CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN__left click__CONTROL_STYLE_END__ to restore.
'left' should be capitalised. This string is only used when 'Mine' or 'Build' are not mouse keybinds. By default, blueprint-preview-hint-specific is used, which does have 'left' capitalised.
Could perhaps also add a hyphen to become 'Right-click' and 'Left-click', which is what ALT_CONTROL does.
core.cfg:1991

instructions=__CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN__Left click__CONTROL_STYLE_END__ to apply as upgrade, __CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN__right click__CONTROL_STYLE_END__ to apply as downgrade.
Same as previous: 'Left click' -> 'Left-click' and 'right click' -> 'Right-click'.
core.cfg:1842

interaction=__CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN____1__ + click__CONTROL_STYLE_END__ to insert a temporary stop. __CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN____2__ + click__CONTROL_STYLE_END__ to add the selected stop to the schedule.
This one is just broken if you try and change the associated controls. Use `__ALT_CONTROL__1__add-temporary-station__` and `__ALT_CONTROL__1__add-station__`.
Also setting non-mouse-based keymaps for these controls stops them from working entirely so should probably be prevented.
base.cfg:1365

ghost-rail-planner=The ghost rail planner is used to plan long stretches of new rail ghosts.\nTo use the ghost planner, hold __CONTROL_MODIFIER__build-ghost__ while rail planning.\nYou can also hold __CONTROL_MODIFIER__build-with-obstacle-avoidance__ to ghost rail plan with obstacle avoidance.
Similar to previous, this doesn't really work when the controls are not a single modifier + left mouse button.
demo_level-01.cfg:18

msg-recipes-info-1=On the right-hand side is your crafting menu. __CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN__Left-clicking__CONTROL_STYLE_END__ on the recipe will craft the depicted item.
`__CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN__Left-clicking__CONTROL_STYLE_END__` should become `__ALT_CONTROL__2__craft__`. No visible difference if the player hasn't changed the keybind for 'Craft 1'.
demo_level-01.cfg:22

msg-crafting-queue-1=This is your crafting queue. Click on an item in the queue if you want to cancel it.
`Click` should become `__ALT_CONTROL__1__cancel-craft__`. It then reads Left-click and becomes blue.
base.cfg:1306

stack-transfers=__ALT_CONTROL__1__stack-transfer__ transfers a single stack.\n__ALT_CONTROL__1__inventory-transfer__ transfers all stacks of the given type. (Clicking an empty slot transfers the whole inventory.)\nUsing __CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN__ Right click __CONTROL_STYLE_END__ instead of __CONTROL_STYLE_BEGIN__Left click__CONTROL_STYLE_END__ for the controls mentioned above will transfer half the quantity.\n\nThe tutorial explains it in more detail.
There is an extra space either side of 'Right click' and neither have the hyphen. Ideally they'd both be using ALT_CONTROL but I see that it wouldn't fit into the wording.
Minor suggestions
demo_level-01.cfg:6 (goal-movement). You could use __CONTROL_MOVE__ here.
For some reason the folder `base/campaigns/npe/level-01/locale` still exists.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Klonan] [1.1.41] Minor English locale inconsistencies

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the suggestions, I have added most of them,

The ghost planning and temporary stop things, I don't want to touch them at the moment

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”