[0.11.5] CTD (and desync loop) with mods

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Roricorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.5] CTD (and desync loop) with mods

Post by Roricorn »

Recently caught a bug: Looking at machines inventory using a receipe from a mod with 2 and more item output slots (washing dirt, for example from Yuoki) after save-load leads to segfault. And no intended output from second/third slots. And while playing in multiplayer using these receipes cause desync loop.
(Currently this bug affects Yuoki/Dytech mods. Yet neither it crashes in factorio 0.11.3 nor creates desync.). Tested with Factorio x64 Windows and Linux versions. Even though this supposed to be in the mod thread, it'd be better if we'd have the ability to create receipes/machines with more than one item outut slot.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.5] CTD (and desync loop) with mods

Post by kovarex »

To test this properly, I would need your mods folder, because I can load the game without mods without trouble.

Elysium7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Elysium7 »

To avoid creating yet another post about this issue, I will just merge my reports into this one.

My friend and I were playing a modded factorio game which was about 15 to 20 hours in and we would often get desync issues but nothing we couldn't resolve on our own. At times the game would just desync and then the it would solve itself by resending the map. Other times we actually had to restart the game otherwise it would just loop, but that always seemed to fix the loops, until a couple days ago. A desync happened and it began to loop, so we did our usual disconnect/restart, but this time it didn't resolve it, the desync would happen immediately after the map had been sent.

Tried a couple things like resetting productivity modules and halting manufacturing by letting resources run try in the production line, as well as cutting off power to the majority of the base and reconnecting it bit by bit. The only thing that really seemed to work was completely disconnecting power, however when we reconnected power the issue would happen again and continue to loop, so we just gave up and decided to give you guys a bit more time to figure things out.

I have been following similar issues on the thread and it looks like you guys got your work cut out for you, as there appears to be multiple causes for this issue, however you are making progress so that is good.

The map originated on 11.3, after the loop happened we updated to 11.5 but unfortunately that did not resolve it.

Here is the map and the mods, hopefully it helps you figure something out.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4woay ... y/mods.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bfd0wi91danw2zs/5.zip

Roricorn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Roricorn »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m68426phkdqu2ia/mods.zip?dl=0
Modfolder zipfile
Loading save and looking at that washer inventory cause crash.
Crashlog
To Elysium7
I think, the reason is Biter corpses washing (?) AND centrifuge receipes. These receipes, similar to "Wash dirt receipe" (Mentioned above) have more than 1 item output slot.
Removing these machines stopped the desync loop to me
proof

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thank you for the mod, I was able to reproduce the problem and it is now fixed for 0.11.6.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”