[kovarex] [1.1.27] Crash for no obvious reasons (EntityStatus::str)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
zabutyr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.27] Crash for no obvious reasons (EntityStatus::str)

Post by zabutyr »

[1.1.27] (Build 58240, win64).

Mods:
  • Big_Brother 0.54
  • Repair_Turret 1.0.1
  • Teleporters 1.0.5
  • base 1.1.27
  • Factoryplanner 1.1.19
  • flib 0.7.0
  • minable-intermediates 2021.2.7
I can't exactly say why the game crashed as I was not actively interacting with the game just watching things build. Also there were no recent reports similar enough that I could see.

About 5-10 seconds before the crash I copy-pasted few (two I think) repair turrets and big power poles around the ghost belts near {-240,-500}, so that the repair turrets could finish building them, and then watched while the belts were built.
There was a pause as if the game was autosaving, but it took much longer and then crashed (the auto save progress bar did not show up, the game just froze like an auto save).

I tried to reproduce the bug from latest autosave, but I couldn't remember where I placed the turrets so I wasn't able to perfectly reproduce the sequence of events and the game did not crash. Hopefully it's a one of error, but I thought you should at least have a look.
Thanks.
Attachments
factorio-previous - Copy.log
(16.43 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
_autosave1 - Copy.zip
(12.26 MiB) Downloaded 49 times

zabutyr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.27] Crash for no obvious reasons

Post by zabutyr »

I managed to get another game crash, not sure if they are related or if I'm just lucky today.
This time it happened right after research finished (portable solar panels) while I was looking at the same area (near the gear mine) in the map mode.

I will downgrade the game now so I don't flood the forums with my reports.
Attachments
_autosave3 - Copy.zip
(12.31 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
factorio-current - Copy (2).log
(14.78 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.27] Crash for no obvious reasons (EntityStatus::str)

Post by kovarex »

Hello, the crash looks really weird and random, as it is basically in internal string construction. I would discard it as random hardware malfunction, if only you didn't have second crash on the exact same place. That probably means that something is going on, but I have no idea what.

It would useful if you could provide the .dmp file related to the crash, which we can use to try to discover more info about the state of the program when it crashed.
Until then, there isn't much I can do.

zabutyr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.27] Crash for no obvious reasons (EntityStatus::str)

Post by zabutyr »

Hi, it does seem random but I think in some way related repair turrets building objects.
Here is the save, log and dump of the recent crash (not sure it the same problem). If it is an isolated hardware problem hopefully it won't happen in future releases, but if other people start having this issue hopefully my files will help narrow down the issue.
Thanks again for looking into it.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.03 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(668.7 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
_autosave3.zip
(13.58 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

zabutyr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zabutyr »

One more update, I think I can reproduce the crash repeatedly.

From the save uploaded to this reply, without moving the character, when I hover my mouse over one of the stack inserters nearest to the rails the game crashes before it has a chance to react (draw the yellow rectangle around entity or show tool-tips). This happens with and without debug options enabled (from F4 menu). I have been able to crash the game 4 times now doing the same thing. Interestingly I can hover over all the inserters between belts and chests fine, but the inserters between chests and rails crash the game. Maybe some logic with waiting for a train?

Hopefully it helps you narrow this down.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(642.62 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
factorio-current.log
(13.08 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
2021_03_FCM_MinableIntermediates.zip
(13.59 MiB) Downloaded 46 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

zabutyr wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:49 pm

From the save uploaded to this reply, without moving the character, when I hover my mouse over one of the stack inserters nearest to the rails the game crashes before it has a chance to react (draw the yellow rectangle around entity or show tool-tips). This happens with and without debug options enabled (from F4 menu). I have been able to crash the game 4 times now doing the same thing. Interestingly I can hover over all the inserters between belts and chests fine, but the inserters between chests and rails crash the game. Maybe some logic with waiting for a train?

When I load up the save and mouse over the inserters nothing happens. It doesn't crash.

Have you tried going into steam and doing the "verify game" option for Factorio? I almost wonder if your files are corrupt.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:40 pm
zabutyr wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:49 pm

When I load up the save and mouse over the inserters nothing happens. It doesn't crash.

Have you tried going into steam and doing the "verify game" option for Factorio? I almost wonder if your files are corrupt.
That would actually make sense, if his executable is modified, it could have some consistent crashes.

zabutyr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zabutyr »

Hey, I just validated on steam and got "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired". Now the game doesn't crash like it did before. I guess you can close this as resolved.
Thank you both.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”