[kovarex] [1.1.8] Additional useless power pole that is not helpful for max range either

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.8] Additional useless power pole that is not helpful for max range either

Post by AntiElitz »

There is an extra power pole being placed. This is about the powerpole next to the ghost pipe, not the powerpole next to the other one.

First occurrence:
https://www.twitch.tv/antielitz/clip/Ea ... &sort=time

Reproduction:
https://youtu.be/DmsvjQpAOM0

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.8] Additional useless power pole that is not helpful for max range either

Post by kovarex »

So, basically, you would like to take the pole that is already there to be registered as the last to be built. I'm afraid we are getting to more and more obscured special cases of what this should be able to do, and it is more of a feature request than a bug report.

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.8] Additional useless power pole that is not helpful for max range either

Post by rain9441 »

I did a little bit of testing and believe this issue may be due to power pole dragging logic in regards to "when to place to make sure a building is powered."

It seems as though entities that are ghosts are always treated as "not connected" when dragging power poles, even if they are.

This video demonstrates the difference between dragging power poles over a chemical plant that is ghosted and one that is built.

https://youtu.be/rpMI0Nou_7A

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

In the video there were two issues and they both should be fixed for 1.1.9. With entity ghost the issue was related to wrong check because the refinery center position was not within electric pole reach - with 1.1.9 it will be using proper check of supply reach colliding with entity bounding box. With assemblers correct and incorrect behaviors were possible with small-electric-pole. Second issue for a pole placed a tile below of existing is also fixed.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

kovarex wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:11 pm
So, basically, you would like to take the pole that is already there to be registered as the last to be built. I'm afraid we are getting to more and more obscured special cases of what this should be able to do, and it is more of a feature request than a bug report.

No that's not the pole i meant.
The blue pole is not great, but makes sense according to the used logic. I don't complain about that one.

This report is about the red pole which i am not sure why it is placed, it should be placed at the ghost position instead i guess, because it's not on max range compared to the lastly placed blue pole

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

boskid wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:15 pm
In the video there were two issues and they both should be fixed for 1.1.9. With entity ghost the issue was related to wrong check because the refinery center position was not within electric pole reach - with 1.1.9 it will be using proper check of supply reach colliding with entity bounding box. With assemblers correct and incorrect behaviors were possible with small-electric-pole. Second issue for a pole placed a tile below of existing is also fixed.
Cool! Thanks for solving :). That's ever more than i hoped for!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”