[Dominik]Bugged out power poles

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Mordaem
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Dominik]Bugged out power poles

Post by Mordaem »

Was just playing around in 0.17 when I noticed a very bizarre bug when trying to just click and run with power poles. It would occasionally tell me I'm out of reach (even when I'm right next to where it should be placed) and automatically place several power poles in a diagonal line. It wasn't just 1 or 2 either, it could be dozens and they wouldn't even be all connected. Not game breaking but still really annoying, especially because I decided to try going for the spoon achievement and constantly having power poles placed all over can cause a colossal waste of time.

It's happened 4 times so far, placing as few as 3 and many as 13 power poles always in diagonal from where I actually wanted to place a power pole. The first time it happened was when I was literally placing the second power pole of the game. I don't know if you can see the mini map that well, but it basically put down a line of power poles from my boilers just below the water all the way to the stone patch.

Below is a screenshot I took after it happened the last time. I didn't actually place any of the 3 power poles out in the middle of the copper patch. I almost didn't see them until I noticed the ones I was actually placing were trying to connect to the pole directly below me.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugged out power poles

Post by TruePikachu »

Duplicate of 68725 (or at least related)

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik]Bugged out power poles

Post by Dominik »

HI, thanks for reporting it, I am looking into it.
Can you tell how to reliably reproduce it? I have not yet found the conditions under which these things happen.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Fixed.

ZnCsDad
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZnCsDad »

yeah I've been having this error also..
the poles seem to appear in the direction you just came from.

it seems to happen for me when i get an 'Cant Place Pole' type error

the number of poles seems to vary, and they are to far apart to carry power between them is how i first noticed them..

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

The case where this happens (that I was able to find) is when you try to build a remote power pole and fail by distance (or build a ghost of a pole or belt), and then click on an existing pole near you and drag-build from there.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”