[0.10.x] Logistic robots carry "maximum" isntead of "needed"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
erikem
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.10.x] Logistic robots carry "maximum" isntead of "nee

Post by erikem »

Wow! A great solution! I would love to see that in game =)

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

kovarex wrote:Another option is to have an checkbox "Exact count" in the requester panel.
It would be unchecked by default, and it would allow bots to carry little bit more in that case.
Taking this idea a little bit further - you could have a low and high threshold (I'm thinking of two sliders on the same bar, but I'm sure you can work the details if and when you decide it's a good idea).
What I mean is - you can set the requester chest to start requesting when it's lower than 200, and stop when it reaches 300. Then the robots will "ignore" this chest until it reaches 200 again. Of course - setting these two numbers to the same quantity would mean "exact amount".

Just a thought :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

kovarex wrote:Another option is to have an checkbox "Exact count" in the requester panel.
It would be unchecked by default, and it would allow bots to carry little bit more in that case.
Yeah, that's quite useful.

When the requester-slider is reprogrammed (I hope it will, I made many suggestions ;) ), this should be better included into the surface, because I think the low and high threshold idea is also a feature, which was wished many times and has some usages in my opinion (I think this is option would be just a playing with the thresholds then...).

But for yet this is a needed and useful patch. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

sillyfly wrote:
Taking this idea a little bit further - you could have a low and high threshold (I'm thinking of two sliders on the same bar, but I'm sure you can work the details if and when you decide it's a good idea).
What I mean is - you can set the requester chest to start requesting when it's lower than 200, and stop when it reaches 300. Then the robots will "ignore" this chest until it reaches 200 again. Of course - setting these two numbers to the same quantity would mean "exact amount".

Just a thought :)
Heh, this is literally exactly the thing I wanted to suggest here but thought it might cause some issues by having your entire armada of robots fill an order of single item type while none of them works on moving around other things.

Though having it as an optional setting for only some items might still work. It would also be awesome if we could specify priorities for the jobs somehow. If one would set the priority of such big things relatively low only otherwise idle bots would take it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”