Stack Split Interaction with Click-Drag-Shift-Rightclick

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Stack Split Interaction with Click-Drag-Shift-Rightclick

Post by Arumba »

Currently the game is taking your item (fuel or ore generally), and splitting the item type you have into a half stack as you drag your mouse over the machines or furnaces. If you have extra in your inventory it utilizes that supply. When you get down to a single stack, things get weird.

If, for example, you start with a stack of 50 coal for example, the first furnace will receive half of the stack, or 25 coal. The pattern then appears to continue and rounds down to the nearest integer. The total distribution looks like this:

Code: Select all

25,12,6,3,2,1 == 49 total
... and then you are left with a single coal in your hand. You have to 'q' to deselect it, or left click to place it in an entity.

Now I understand that it is a 'stack split' function, but in 0.15 with the hover drag of shift+right mouse to distribute resources, it is very annoying to be left with a single item in hand at the end, unable to drop it using the same method you did to just drop potentially hundreds or thousands of other objects into entities.

I would propose that the math be changed so that it instead just rounds up to the nearest integer instead. Now the pattern is:

Code: Select all

25,13,6,3,2,1 == 50 total
Almost no real change. Except that last coal was actually placed into a machine/furnace instead of staying in your hand.

Grooohm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Stack Split Interaction with Click-Drag-Shift-Rightclick

Post by Grooohm »

Even nicer would be if we could set the number of items that are split of in the settings. Or even multiple settings so you can switch with a keybind.
For example:
Shift + 1 = sets behaviour to the one used now
Shift + 2 = sets is so, that with every rightclick/drag x items will be split of.
Shift + 3 = sets is so, that with every rightclick/drag y items will be split of.
Shift + 4 = sets is so, that with every rightclick/drag z items will be split of.
where x y and z are ajustable in the settings.

i'd really like that. Specialy now, that ammo stacks to 200. or is there a easy way to put less than 100 ammo per turret in multiple turrets that i missed?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I changed it so "stack split" with a count of 1 still transfers the item. So ctrl + right click and drag will transfer the last item in the cursor.

By the way: it's CTRL + left or right click - no shift involved :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

Honestly it wasn't that bad that the last item was remaining. It's easy to just ctrl+left-click if it bothers you. Now we have a worse problem. If you keep dragging over machines with no more items, it picks up ALL of the items in that machine and puts them in your inventory. That's the exact opposite of what I wanted. So now I have to be careful and slow down to avoid this mistake.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”