Search found 86 matches

by FactorioParadox
Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:48 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: What qualifies as a megabase?
Replies: 11
Views: 2413

Re: What qualifies as a megabase?

Patashu wrote:
DaveMcW wrote:Sure there is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega-
Mega is a unit prefix in metric systems of units denoting a factor of one million
So you need to have 1 million of something.
How about 1 million biters?
In that case that's the only thing you have.
by FactorioParadox
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:53 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #214 - Concrete rendering
Replies: 125
Views: 26859

Re: Friday Facts #214 - Concrete rendering

Certh wrote:I'd like plantable trees so we can actually make designs like the one shown in the screenshot
I do recall them saying wood would be automatable at some point in the future, so I would imagine that would involve planting trees.
by FactorioParadox
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Train help!
Replies: 9
Views: 1136

Re: Train help!

Zavian wrote:they will recalculate if they are sitting still too long.

An in-between station would be faster. And once again I am wrong.
by FactorioParadox
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:20 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Train help!
Replies: 9
Views: 1136

Re: Train help!

First of all, it's bad practice to build your stations over what you're mining; you'll have to rebuild them later in order to get the rest of the patch. Second of all, trains will, from my understanding, path-find to the closest station, so they go past the switch before they see that the signal is ...
by FactorioParadox
Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:39 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #214 - Concrete rendering
Replies: 125
Views: 26859

Re: Friday Facts #214 - Concrete rendering

The point of concrete is to be a relatively flat surface for utility purposes; The ground looks flatter than that and it does not look like something I would want to put a heavy machine on because the ground is so uneven I feel that any large objects placed on it could fall over. In fact, I bet you ...
by FactorioParadox
Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:08 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Loading a construction train
Replies: 8
Views: 2144

Re: Loading a construction train

In the cargo wagon you can set filters by holding the item you want for one of the slots and clicking with the mousewheel. Inserters will try to put a full stack of that item in that slot. And click again with mousewheel to clear the slot https://i.imgur.com/wy0mMcO.jpg?1 I use it for Rail layer ht...
by FactorioParadox
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:55 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: I am impatient
Replies: 56
Views: 12395

Re: I am impatient

minecraft mod exist. The point isn't that they exist, it's that the developers don't support them. The Factorio developers do support mods (and if they didn't, they probably wouldn't exist, for several resons). Well, I wouldn't say it's that they don't support them so much so as it is that by the t...
by FactorioParadox
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:40 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Simple Questions and Short Answers
Replies: 1071
Views: 142514

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Thanks for the info! Other question - is there a list somewhere of what recipes a productivity module will not work on? The wiki simply says it doesn't work for placeable structures or nuclear related things. Some resources indicate it also doesn't work on module production. Does no nuclear mean ev...
by FactorioParadox
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:30 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Difficulty curve and how to keep players till end game
Replies: 60
Views: 8208

Re: Difficulty curve and how to keep players till end game

Jap2.0 wrote:
Would you mind showing me your 1k science per second base, without a main bus or bots?
Wow, and here I am still trying to set up a basic rail system and still relying on a main bus that quickly turned into spaghetti and is not really producing anything over 60 hours into my first playthrough. :P
by FactorioParadox
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:20 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Difficulty curve and how to keep players till end game
Replies: 60
Views: 8208

Re: Difficulty curve and how to keep players till end game

You can easily handcraft EVERYTHING involved in oil setups which are powerful enough to supply rockets. It gets more convenient if you automate pipes and underground pipes but that is trivial to do even with grey assemblers. I don't get the ruckus about oil. Yeah I still remember it was a tougher t...
by FactorioParadox
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:05 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: liquid filtering for pumps, tanks and wagons
Replies: 32
Views: 5479

Re: liquid filtering for pumps, tanks and wagons

AileTheAlien wrote:If you're playing without mods, then you have to work around the limitations of the game.

The whole point of having an Ideas and Suggestions forum is so we can give feedback on what those limits should be.
by FactorioParadox
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Thoughts on Factorio and how I would make it better...
Replies: 41
Views: 6292

Re: Thoughts on Factorio and how I would make it better...

If they don't add an upgrade planner, they should at the very least allow buildings/strucutres in blueprints to be placed ontop of other tiers of that building/structure (i.e. Yellow belts on top of red belts or Mk3 Assemblers over Mk1s).
by FactorioParadox
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: personal and regular roboport construction area overlap
Replies: 3
Views: 442

Re: personal and regular roboport construction area overlap

I think that rather than make the overlap a dark green, the entire personal construction area should be a dark green...unless your saying you're having difficulting building in the range of both of them.
by FactorioParadox
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:26 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Research Laboratory Tiering
Replies: 1
Views: 410

Re: Research Laboratory Tiering

Honestly, I think this is basically just adding complexity for complexity's sake as it really adds nothing to the game other than making tiered research facilities that take up more space and an alternate way to speed up laboratories. It doesn't add really add depth like you say, just aesthetics and...
by FactorioParadox
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:00 am
Forum: Off topic
Topic: How did you discover Factorio?
Replies: 56
Views: 27443

Re: How did you discover Factorio?

I think a while back I heard about it on a Minecraft Subreddit. I then remembered it about a year later and bought it and here we are.
by FactorioParadox
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Simple Questions and Short Answers
Replies: 1071
Views: 142514

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

If I play in a vanilla save, install mods, then load up the vanilla save, will it be converted to a modded save?
by FactorioParadox
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:47 pm
Forum: Angels Mods
Topic: Development and Discussion
Replies: 3211
Views: 549846

Re: Development and Discussion

So, how well do these mods play without Bob's mods? I'm thinking about trying this mod out but I'm not sure that really want to have a complete overhaul to the game, though I have heard that Petrochem adds its chemicals to everything.
by FactorioParadox
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:27 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Solar Power Incremental Increase
Replies: 6
Views: 808

Re: Solar Power Incremental Increase

You have to remember though that Solar Energy production involves both Solar and Accumulators (unless you use basic steam or nuclear for nighttime power). The effect of an increase in solar panel productivity to save space would be partially countered by the fact that you still need to use accumulat...
by FactorioParadox
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:32 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI Mod
Replies: 118
Views: 20031

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] Factorio NEI 0.0.11

Really liked this mod on the other sandbox game and it's great to see it here, but I think you should come up with a more original name for it (unless you're the creator of the other one).
by FactorioParadox
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:57 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Simple Questions and Short Answers
Replies: 1071
Views: 142514

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Is it normal for new players to start over? I'm currently debating starting over.

Go to advanced search