Search found 1449 matches

by ptx0
Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:40 pm
Forum: News
Topic: We support Ukraine
Replies: 3229
Views: 183546

Re: We support Ukraine

But seriously, I don't get your point. This is how voting is going to work. don't expect a Russian bot to understand how voting works. they don't have that there. don't expect a Russian bot to have any point at all. their primary objective is to throw whatever sort of wrench into the works, whereve...
by ptx0
Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:35 pm
Forum: News
Topic: We support Ukraine
Replies: 3229
Views: 183546

Re: We support Ukraine

lovewyrm wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:34 am
I cannot endorse Wube any longer and regret the massive support thread on Steam I created when Wube was under attack by that 'cancel mob'.
that's funny. so you're again being swayed by public opinion? do you have any values of your own?
by ptx0
Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:33 pm
Forum: Implemented Suggestions
Topic: Apple silicon optimization
Replies: 26
Views: 3481

Re: Apple silicon optimization

spleut wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:06 pm
I can't afford to be sucked into the black abyss of addiction right now so I can't test it out
oh come on i'm sure it'll just be a few hours til you launch a rocket! it's so easy. :)
by ptx0
Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:32 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: factorio.com design
Replies: 1
Views: 207

factorio.com design

Hi there, I was wondering if the main website has any redesign coming with the upcoming DLC to be released? I remember some hints that the UI of the game had been reworked in the upcoming release. if so, a refresh of the website to get rid of the yucky 1990s feel would be awesome.
by ptx0
Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:50 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.71
Replies: 22
Views: 7481

Re: Version 1.1.71

I rechecked, with Gnome on Wayland, which is installed in parallel. It doesn't work any better there. Last time, I also had this flipping around, that the loading bar looked like loading backwards. But its gotten a lot better than last time. you should try a KDE Plasma environment, though i can und...
by ptx0
Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:53 am
Forum: News
Topic: Factorio is coming to Nintendo Switch™
Replies: 81
Views: 19207

Re: Factorio is coming to Nintendo Switch™

As a few other said I would really like a cart release of the game. It might not be right away and I don't care if it costs me 2 or 3 times more. I just want to have it a decade from now when my switch breaks and nintendo has closed the switch store... It'd be amazing gift too. i'd pay like 300 buc...
by ptx0
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:29 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.71
Replies: 22
Views: 7481

Re: Version 1.1.71

And the M1 work may well have benefited from some of the almost-two-years worth of work put in by Twinsen for the Nintendo switch. you mean, it made it easier to do? it didn't take 2 years for the M1, like it did for the Switch. i think you believe i'm insulting Wube by saying it was easy. that's n...
by ptx0
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:05 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.71
Replies: 22
Views: 7481

Re: Version 1.1.71

I tested with Gnome on Wayland, and it's not really better there. Not sure, whats the problem, but it might be that, NVidia is not very well supported for Wayland. I guess, I just wait...I'm ok, how it works on Xorg currently search for my wayland troubleshooting thread and try some of the ideas th...
by ptx0
Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:57 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.71
Replies: 22
Views: 7481

Re: Version 1.1.71

Xorimuth wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:31 pm
How do you know it was easy?
because they said they wouldn't do it, because it was too much work.

ergo, they did it because it wasn't too much work.

ipso facto, it is easy.
by ptx0
Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:13 pm
Forum: News
Topic: We support Ukraine
Replies: 3229
Views: 183546

Re: We support Ukraine

I'm sorry, but I can't get the thought out of my head of the owl accidentally pulling the pin as it flies away, leaving the grenade behind.... :lol: that is funny. i can't help but look at it and realise how stupid this whole conflict is, and the wildlife that suffer the adverse effects for no reas...
by ptx0
Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:06 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.71
Replies: 22
Views: 7481

Re: Version 1.1.71

FactorioBot wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:13 pm
Optimizations
  • Added native support for M1 Macs.
weird, almost like everyone in the thread asking for it and saying how easy it would be, was correct
by ptx0
Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:05 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.71
Replies: 22
Views: 7481

Re: Version 1.1.71

jodokus31 wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:42 pm
OpenGL on Linux is a bit stuttery sometimes.
that's actually an issue with Xorg, which goes away in Wayland (to be replaced with other issues, especially in hybrid graphics systems, e.g. laptops)
by ptx0
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:13 pm
Forum: Implemented Suggestions
Topic: Apple silicon optimization
Replies: 26
Views: 3481

Re: Apple silicon optimization

One would need about 1.786 kWh to achieve an additional cost of 0.50£ this is a pretty egocentric view of the world's power grids. not everyone lives at that scale. i have a 10kWh battery bank off grid but it cost me about $10k to get this setup. more likely you'll find small off-grid setups with a...
by ptx0
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:57 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: "Cancel" button on map download + catching up dialogs
Replies: 2
Views: 133

Re: "Cancel" button on map download + catching up dialogs

When joining a multiplayer game, it would be nice if there were a "cancel" button on both the "downloading map" and "catching up" progress dialogs, so you don't have to force terminate the process if a map is unreasonably huge or catching up isn't working out for you. ...
by ptx0
Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:03 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.70
Replies: 5
Views: 9089

Re: Version 1.1.70

gerrydwilliams wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:11 pm
This release has slowed the game down alot
i think you need to provide a save file and open your own thread to discuss that because in my own testing, with a not-too-modded game, has the same exact game update time of 2.7ms.
by ptx0
Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:26 pm
Forum: News
Topic: We support Ukraine
Replies: 3229
Views: 183546

Re: We support Ukraine

Vintors wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:28 pm
propaganda, spam
welcome back, bot who joined this year only to spend time in this thread
by ptx0
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:52 pm
Forum: Won't fix.
Topic: [1.1.57] Headless server can have 2 saves (one non-blocking) running at once, hangs
Replies: 13
Views: 1239

Re: [1.1.57] Headless server can have 2 saves (one non-blocking) running at once, hangs

DeHackEd wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:37 pm
If it's a low priority, okay. Issues shutting down a headless server under specific circumstances are fairly minor. But file it under some other category besides "Not a bug".
now it's in "Won't fix", because they still have disdain for their users
by ptx0
Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:32 pm
Forum: News
Topic: We support Ukraine
Replies: 3229
Views: 183546

Re: We support Ukraine

Djmixxx wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:38 pm
enterisys wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:26 pm
Yesterday nazis launched 84 rockets, today only 28. Can someone with higher than my IQ explain what is happening.
Pizdec happening.
it seems they are paying you less for your words here. why so abrupt lately? are you unable to find the time to post while retreating?
by ptx0
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:24 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Is using other people’s blueprints cheating?
Replies: 50
Views: 12588

Re: Is using other people’s blueprints cheating?

why focus on others' experience so much? I'd even say : why consider others' opinions about one's own playstyle? I think using others' blueprints is cheating. Why would you care about my opinion when you play ? You don't play to please me, but to enjoy yourself (hopefully). I'm asked my opinion, ha...
by ptx0
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:48 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Is using other people’s blueprints cheating?
Replies: 50
Views: 12588

Re: Is using other people’s blueprints cheating?

i don't use others blueprints other than nuclear power because i find that to be more annoying than fun, however. all the anti-blueprints folks in here definitely make me want to make a whole base out of only others' blueprints. just because.

why focus on others' experience so much?

Go to advanced search