Search found 300 matches

by Dev-iL
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #408 - Statistics improvements, Linux adventures
Replies: 152
Views: 16055

Re: Friday Facts #408 - Statistics improvements, Linux adventures

@raiguard
Waaaait a second - if Allegro is gone, what's stopping you from properly supporting RTL languages (Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, ...)?
by Dev-iL
Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:21 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #407 - Automating a soundtrack
Replies: 52
Views: 7975

Re: Friday Facts #407 - Automating a soundtrack

My only suggestion/request is please make this moddable, or add a system where the user can supply a config file with "pre-arranged" tracks (such as lists of integers representing sample ids). That way, players could "compose" their own tracks, share tracks, use AI to generate tr...
by Dev-iL
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:17 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Quality level names poll
Replies: 92
Views: 9438

Re: Quality level names poll

Crude, Standard, Improved, Exceptional, Flawless
by Dev-iL
Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:46 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #399 - Trash to Treasure
Replies: 289
Views: 39762

Re: Friday Facts #399 - Trash to Treasure

https://i.imgur.com/Tk7FUSo.png Supercapacitor The color of the liquid in this pipe is different than the other liquids, and looks very similar to the color of the Holmium science pack. Does it mean liquid science packs are added? Electrolyte And I wonder what's this new blue wire is :P Superconduc...
by Dev-iL
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:32 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #393 - Putting things on top of other things
Replies: 229
Views: 49015

Re: Friday Facts #393 - Putting things on top of other things

A couple of things regarding the full green belts' animation: Wouldn't it be simpler to add a tiny "light" to the underground belt (much like the bottleneck mod) that says whether items are moving or not? Something you guys might not have noticed due to developing on 1337 systems with RTX ...
by Dev-iL
Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:50 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #388 - Smaller things for 2.0
Replies: 149
Views: 26122

Re: Friday Facts #388 - Smaller things for 2.0

Even if it's multiplayer, the game is written in C++, a compiled language. They can't do unsafe eval() even if they wanted to, unless they add a non-sandboxed Lua with full computer access or include a compiler to run the input, both things are hardcore attempts at engineering a vulnerability. Can'...
by Dev-iL
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:15 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #388 - Smaller things for 2.0
Replies: 149
Views: 26122

Re: Friday Facts #388 - Smaller things for 2.0

Regarding the number parsing... I'm surprised nobody mentioned this before, but the most interesting activity about this for me would be trying to break the game via code injection. Who knows, naybe there's a CVE lurking around the corner ;)
by Dev-iL
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:14 am
Forum: Translations
Topic: Removing RTL language translations
Replies: 17
Views: 16588

Re: Removing RTL language translations

Several years have passed. v2.0 is on the horizon, the development team expanded considerably, and the Arabic translation is nearing completion - is there a chance to spare some developer time to improving, if not properly fixing, RTL support? Two of the biggest problems are: 1) the inverted orderin...
by Dev-iL
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:25 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #379 - Abstract rewiring
Replies: 153
Views: 27672

Re: Friday Facts #379 - Abstract rewiring

Am I the only one bothered by these bits of shadow?
Image
by Dev-iL
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:47 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #373 - Factorio: Space Age
Replies: 267
Views: 73337

Re: Friday Facts #373 - Factorio: Space Age

Others have very different preferences -- I think it is because they are better able to enjoy the late game (megabases), which is not something I have enjoyed so far unfortunately. I am one of those people who would love a longer burner phase in SE :-). You know, there are various mods if you want ...
by Dev-iL
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:03 am
Forum: Translations
Topic: Georgian localization
Replies: 5
Views: 3915

Re: Georgian localization

Thanks for your answers, I wrote to the developers on the Crowdin page where they translate, but no one has contacted me for over a week. Maybe I wrote it wrong or the developers don't have time? :( Conversation.png Nevertheless, I have already translated more than half of the game into Georgian. :...
by Dev-iL
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:38 am
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.40
Replies: 38
Views: 24448

Re: Version 1.1.40

luc wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:28 pm
Is it made clear to the user that they were banned by a decision of Wube's system and not merely by the individual servers, or how would one know to appeal?
This is the message a user sees:
You are banned in this game by authserver recommendation. To appeal contact support@factorio.com.
by Dev-iL
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:17 am
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.36
Replies: 6
Views: 20673

Re: Version 1.1.36

FactorioBot wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:33 pm
Fixed ghost entities had reflections on water.
Literally unplayable! :o
by Dev-iL
Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:28 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #366 - The only way to go fast, is to go well!
Replies: 100
Views: 69087

Re: Friday Facts #366 - The only way to go fast, is to go well!

For this, I implemented a simple test dependency system. The tests are executed and listed in a way, that when you get to debug and check a test, you know that all of its dependencies are already working correctly. I tried to search if others use the dependencies as well, and how they do it, and I ...
by Dev-iL
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:26 am
Forum: 1 / 0 magic
Topic: [1.1.18] D3D crash when starting Factorio with RDP in foreground
Replies: 0
Views: 1074

[1.1.18] D3D crash when starting Factorio with RDP in foreground

This crash report might be a false positive (that is, not really a fault of Factorio), so I'm submitting it more for archival purposes. This happened when starting Factorio and quickly switching to a full-screen remote desktop connection (mstsc). I have to say that this only ever happened to me once...
by Dev-iL
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 pm
Forum: Not a bug
Topic: [1.1.9] Roboports in vehicles don't work properly
Replies: 16
Views: 4312

Re: [1.1.9] Roboports in vehicles don't work properly

Klonan wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:56 pm
Dev-iL wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 pm
If so, this is probably "working as intended".
Ok if you say so, moving to not a bug
Didn't know I had that power... I think I'd like to move some "non-bugs" to "assigned"... :)
by Dev-iL
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 pm
Forum: Not a bug
Topic: [1.1.9] Roboports in vehicles don't work properly
Replies: 16
Views: 4312

Re: [1.1.9] Roboports in vehicles don't work properly

How many robots are active in the map? What you're describing usually indicates that the logistic network's internal queue is very long (due to many robots). If so, this is probably "working as intended".
by Dev-iL
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:46 am
Forum: Translations
Topic: [1.1.5] [GUI] [Translate] Interface translation elements do not take into account the context of the movement direction
Replies: 7
Views: 3532

Re: [1.1.5] [GUI] [Translate] Interface translation elements do not take into account the context of the movement direct

Two suggestions (assuming the developers don't add any more strings): Change it to "левая сторона" and "правая сторона" ("left side" and "right side"). Change the filter string to some variation of "приоритетная сторона входа\выхода" and then the str...
by Dev-iL
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:41 am
Forum: Not a bug
Topic: [1.1.5] Cannot place new tags on the map anymore
Replies: 3
Views: 1569

Re: [1.1.5] Cannot place new tags on the map anymore

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:50 pm
Chart tags are now placed by clicking the add-tag button on the right side of the screen.
Is it possible to add a key binding for this action?
by Dev-iL
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:37 am
Forum: Not a bug
Topic: [1.1.5] Inconsistent preview for tiles (graphic layers order)
Replies: 1
Views: 872

[1.1.5] Inconsistent preview for tiles (graphic layers order)

Consider the following example:

Image

You can see several issue:
  • The floor preview covers belts (and items on them) but not the splitter and underground belts.
  • The alt mode visualization obscures the player (see bottom chest).

Go to advanced search