Search found 129 matches

by Boodals
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:58 pm
Forum: Already exists
Topic: Remove "Elapsed:"+"ms" from LuaProfiler printout
Replies: 6
Views: 640

Re: Remove "Elapsed:"+"ms" from LuaProfiler printout

When I made the lua profiler, I gave it that locale so that you can quickly see whether the timer is paused or not when it is read, without having to add extra code. It was not intended to be seen by users, since it is just a debugging tool for mod developers. You can just overwrite the locale in yo...
by Boodals
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:14 pm
Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
Topic: [kovarex] [1.0.0] Only half of map preview is shown at 250% scaling
Replies: 2
Views: 504

Re: [1.0.0] Only half of map preview is shown at 250% scaling

I found a way to reproduce this at 100% gui scale and on lower resolutions. If you open "The rest" settings (hold ctrl or shift or alt (i just hold all three) when clicking settings) and set the map preview chunk side to 16, then open the map preview and resize the window such that there i...
by Boodals
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:49 pm
Forum: Won't implement
Topic: Please add an API hook for changing entity resistances
Replies: 3
Views: 381

Re: Please add an API hook for changing entity resistances

You can script this yourself by using the on_entity_damaged event and adding/removing health.
by Boodals
Mon May 04, 2020 12:07 am
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: Re-opened: breaking change/fix: script.raise_event rework
Replies: 26
Views: 2968

Re: Re-opened: breaking change/fix: script.raise_event rework

Could you explain which events specifically you are worried about? Download every mod ever and do a search for "raise_event", those will be the ones requested. Maybe it's all of them, maybe its just the ones you've already listed. This "please list the specific events" request a...
by Boodals
Sun May 03, 2020 5:39 pm
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: Re-opened: breaking change/fix: script.raise_event rework
Replies: 26
Views: 2968

Re: Re-opened: breaking change/fix: script.raise_event rework

I don't like the idea of not being able to manually raise events. In one of my mods, I create an entity, then set some values on it, then manually raise the script_raised_built event. If I had to use the raise_event parameter in the create_entity call, then I would overwrite any values that other mo...
by Boodals
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:10 pm
Forum: Modding interface requests
Topic: Inventory GUI element
Replies: 0
Views: 212

Inventory GUI element

With the new script inventories, it would be nice to have an easy way to put them in a GUI. I think it is possible with sprite buttons in a table, but having an existing GUI element for it would be way easier. It would also need to be able to display the player's inventory, otherwise transferring it...
by Boodals
Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:41 pm
Forum: Implemented mod requests
Topic: Ability to create out-of-world LuaItemStacks.
Replies: 14
Views: 1919

Re: Ability to create out-of-world LuaItemStacks.

That sounds awesome. Just out of curiosity, *how* old was the pull? Also i'm guessing that if i "lose" the reference to such an inventory it's auto-destroyed? And all inventories are "private" (i.e. other mods can't mess them up)? I made the pull request on 16th Feb 2019, hoping...
by Boodals
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:23 am
Forum: Implemented mod requests
Topic: Ability to create out-of-world LuaItemStacks.
Replies: 14
Views: 1919

Re: Ability to create out-of-world LuaItemStacks.

One of my oldest pull requests just got accepted which allows this. It should be in the next version. Main additions are: LuaGameScript::create_inventory, LuaInventory::resize, LuaInventory::destroy. Obviously once you've created an inventory you can use its slots as you wish. You can't destroy or r...
by Boodals
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:27 am
Forum: Modding interface requests
Topic: Please provide player's cursor position or a way to highlight around the cursor
Replies: 12
Views: 1125

Re: Please provide player's cursor position or a way to highlight around the cursor

Getting the player's mouse position will never be done because then every player would have to send a network packet every time their mouse moved.
However something to draw LuaRendering objects relative to the player's cursor ghost could be done, and has been requested previously.
by Boodals
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:31 pm
Forum: Won't implement
Topic: post-dependencies-loaded event
Replies: 10
Views: 1015

Re: post-dependencies-loaded event

Reading back what I wrote.. I probably made it more confusing.
His mod has no (relevant) dependencies.
Other mods list his mod as a dependency. They get on_init called after his mod.
He wants an init event which will fire after all of the [mods that list his as a dependency] inits fire.
by Boodals
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:18 pm
Forum: Won't implement
Topic: post-dependencies-loaded event
Replies: 10
Views: 1015

Re: post-dependencies-loaded event

If a mod is a dependency of your mod, your on_init will be called after the dependencies on_init. This means this event already exists in the form of on_init. Unless I misunderstood you, of course. You have it backwards, Bilka. His mod is the one being depended on, so his on_init fires, then the ot...
by Boodals
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:15 am
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: Breaking change/fix: script.raise_event rework - opinions wanted
Replies: 88
Views: 8010

Re: Breaking change/fix: script.raise_event rework - opinions wanted

That's (at a guess) around 12'000 lines of code that someone would have to write all just to handle the rotten-eggs case of mods doing things wrong. All you need to check is: whether a given variable is missing when its not optional, the lua type, and sometimes the prototype type. That to me sounds...
by Boodals
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:26 am
Forum: Won't implement
Topic: API returning index of the player the code is running on
Replies: 12
Views: 1100

Re: API returning index of the player the code is running on

You seem to not understand what a desync is. A desync isn't "the game quitting because it detected something fucky", a desync is "data on one client is different to data on another client". Just because GUI data isn't periodically checked for desyncs doesn't mean it doesn't need ...
by Boodals
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:36 am
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: Breaking change/fix: script.raise_event rework - opinions wanted
Replies: 88
Views: 8010

Re: Breaking change/fix: script.raise_event rework - opinions wanted

The way I see it, any mod may want to simulate an action that normally would raise an event, for example Bluebuild raises the player_built event. script_raised_built just wouldn't work for it because there is no proper way to pass the player, item stack, etc. In my mod, I have (planned) a scripted r...
by Boodals
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:08 am
Forum: Modding interface requests
Topic: control behaviour type of an entity prototype
Replies: 7
Views: 905

Re: control behaviour type of an entity prototype

Most of the control behaviours are literally "XControlBehaviour" where X is the entity type. A hardcoded lookup table is probably enough, but I guess it would be nice to have that info available automatically so it stays up to date.

What it is you are doing where you need to know this?
by Boodals
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 am
Forum: Won't implement
Topic: Local folder for each mod (version inspecific) and a settings file
Replies: 8
Views: 827

Re: Local folder for each mod (version inspecific) and a settings file

My mod supports custom item stacks, and some other bits here and there that are more for messing with than anything serious. If someone found some items that didn't work well for stack changes, they could write a little bit, without me having to overwrite their additions every time or add them to t...
by Boodals
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:14 pm
Forum: Won't implement
Topic: Local folder for each mod (version inspecific) and a settings file
Replies: 8
Views: 827

Re: Local folder for each mod (version inspecific) and a settings file

persistent file of user changes to my mod What changes can users make to a mod? Do you mean users modifying your mod? That isn't really supported, nor recommended, beyond scripted changes determined by settings . I'd tell them to use version control so they can make their changes, then if the mod u...
by Boodals
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:08 pm
Forum: Won't implement
Topic: on_spawner_absorb
Replies: 2
Views: 449

Re: on_spawner_absorb

An event for this would never be made because it happens to so many spawners so frequently.
I'm not sure if the spawner's absorbed pollution count is exposed to the api, but if not, you should request that instead and poll the spawners you are interested in occasionally.
by Boodals
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:17 am
Forum: Modding interface requests
Topic: Data stage prototype filters.
Replies: 12
Views: 771

Re: Data stage prototype filters.

The main benefit of the prototype filters is to save the amount of LuaObjects being created. That doesn't happen in the data stage since everything is already in lua. C++ objects for the prototypes aren't even loaded until after the data stage finishes. Maybe some functions could be written in luali...
by Boodals
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:42 pm
Forum: Implemented mod requests
Topic: ChooseElemButton EntityType/s
Replies: 4
Views: 584

Re: ChooseElemButton EntityType/s

Bilka wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:25 pm
Hell yea, please do this.
I took a look into implementing it.. It's probably doable, but not from me right now. Too many changes that im unsure about the safety/validity of. Maybe if I worked on it for a few days, but I'm too busy at the moment.

Go to advanced search