Search found 55 matches

by Albert
Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:25 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #288 - New remnants, More bugs
Replies: 60
Views: 8405

Re: Friday Facts #288 - New remnants, More bugs

IMHO it's the latin text in 0.17 that is too small : https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=67528 (already fixed ?) https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=402429#p402429 (And I'm not even using a laptop !) Devs just use different fonts. They could've used just one from the Unicode li...
by Albert
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:07 pm
Forum: Minor issues
Topic: [0.17] tech screen colours too subtle
Replies: 1
Views: 170

Re: [0.17] tech screen colours too subtle

I understand your frustration with your perception of Red and Green. I'm totally not and expert in this matter at all, but I would consider your condition as a sort of color blindness. Normally there are accessibility tools in the OS to fix this issue. Anyway we have this vision issues in mind and w...
by Albert
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:30 am
Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
Topic: [kovarex] [0.17.x] GUI - map generator's Preview button doesn't fit the text
Replies: 6
Views: 388

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.x] GUI - map generator's Preview button doesn't fit the text

Instead of making the window wider (or the rightmost button smaller) to accommodate the string, an ellipsis was added. https://i.imgur.com/Z0fKhpQ.png I have shortened the string of the Mod Settings button as a temporary solution, but this isn't a good permanent solution imho. This ellipsis is a ge...
by Albert
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:58 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #272 - Mod GUI
Replies: 78
Views: 8607

Re: Friday Facts #272 - Mod GUI

fishycat wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:28 pm
Small typo...

fff-272-mod-gui-update.png

I like the new gui a lot, can't wait until january. Also the update only selected is a great feature.
Hopefully some pics from GDS next fff?
Solved. The images uploaded weren't the last version by mistake (humans). Now it's up to date.
by Albert
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:38 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #271 - Fluid optimisations & GUI Style inspector
Replies: 122
Views: 12683

Re: Friday Facts #271 - Fluid optimisations & GUI Style inspector

Can we get a very high resolution of this image? There's no higher resolution. In fact the image has the same resolution as the game in HR. This ¨poster¨ is intended to be a small banner. I've prepared the image for printing and this is the highest we can get with the game sprites without re-render...
by Albert
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #271 - Fluid optimisations & GUI Style inspector
Replies: 122
Views: 12683

Re: Friday Facts #271 - Fluid optimisations & GUI Style inspector

Panderturtle wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:38 pm
I mean, the poster does not represent actual gameplay that makes sense, but this should propably be fixed:
(the cut off inserster "hand")
Fixed, thanks for the hint.
by Albert
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:22 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #262 - Hello my name is: Compilatron
Replies: 126
Views: 15314

Re: Friday Facts #262 - Hello my name is: Compilatron

A red factory? It'd take getting used to, but I wonder if this is a step in unifying the colors of various tiers of things. Right now: Tier 1 belts are yellow, tier 2 are red, tier 3 are blue... but tier 1 assemblers are grey, tier 2 are blue, tier 3 are yellow. No. This red assembling machine is j...
by Albert
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:06 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #262 - Hello my name is: Compilatron
Replies: 126
Views: 15314

Re: Friday Facts #262 - Hello my name is: Compilatron

Jesus Christ, not another annoying critter to tell me what to do! I absolutely detest the helper bot in Fortresscraft, and is the main reason why I do not play that game. Now you say you want to bring that stupid thing into Factorio???KHBN Y!E*(&YIUASHDJKXCNJAYHD(*&"£ :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil...
by Albert
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:12 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #246 - The GUI update (Part 3)
Replies: 161
Views: 18849

Re: Friday Facts #246 - The GUI update (Part 3)

I'm calling it now: With the new GUI tileset, nobody will know if a value can be changed because the button and editable field look exactly the same. Notice the seed field for example, it looks exactly the same as the other buttons, making me wonder if it's a button, or a text field. Yes, that is t...
by Albert
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:40 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #246 - The GUI update (Part 3)
Replies: 161
Views: 18849

Re: Friday Facts #246 - The GUI update (Part 3)

...An editable display is outset and with rounded corners. Rounded corners means editable... Except the tab titles follow this same rule. "Resources", "Enemy", "Advanced", etc. All of these are 'outset and with rounded corners' indicating it should be editable according to your own rules. You're ri...
by Albert
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:35 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #246 - The GUI update (Part 3)
Replies: 161
Views: 18849

Re: Friday Facts #246 - The GUI update (Part 3)

I'm calling it now: With the new GUI tileset, nobody will know if a value can be changed because the button and editable field look exactly the same. Notice the seed field for example, it looks exactly the same as the other buttons, making me wonder if it's a button, or a text field. Do not wonder....
by Albert
Sat May 19, 2018 2:57 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 18874

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

FasterJump wrote:Nice work on the UI. By the way, are you going to make the UI works for different UI scales? (related thread)
Yes. That's the intention.
by Albert
Sat May 19, 2018 2:38 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 18874

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

JESUS CHRIST CANT YOU FIX THOSE BEVEL/SHADOW/GLOW/ETC GRADIENT RAMPS INTO SOMETHING MORE REASONABLE FFS?! YOU'RE MAKING THE UI EVEN WORSE THAN IT WAS!!! Seriously. Like super seriously. SUPER SUPER SERIOUSLY. You're making everything look blurred and out of focus. The panel borders are a DISGRACE. ...
by Albert
Sat May 19, 2018 2:25 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 18874

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

I came on to mention the disabled Confirm button is brighter than normal, while the Back and Cancel buttons are darker when disabled. It might be a good idea to darken the Confirm button when it's disabled to make the style more uniform. https://i.imgur.com/BLVSd3a.png The colorblindness problem is...
by Albert
Sat May 19, 2018 2:13 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 18874

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

tk0421 wrote:will it be layout customizable too? ive always wanted to move the toolbelt to the left or right side of the screen.
This is a feature that I also want to have in the game. If we have time we will have it. (No. Maybe?)
by Albert
Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #212 - The GUI update (Part 1)
Replies: 151
Views: 24688

Re: Friday Facts #212 - The GUI update (Part 1)

Hey guys, a fellow UXer here. I really love the functionality shown here. The UX here implies a much better way to interact with stations and wait conditions that have made it difficult for me as a player to get into in the current iteration of the UI. It's one of the reasons I haven't been able to...
by Albert
Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:50 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #195 - Poles re-design
Replies: 102
Views: 23703

Re: Friday Facts #195 - Poles re-design

Thanks a lot for your opinions. Concerning the medium pole, there are a lot of discrepancy. Some of you dislike a lot the medium pole v.1 and some others just love it. I personally want to change it because basically is not optimal for the gameplay, but as I said, don't wanna lose the iconic part of...
by Albert
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #195 - Poles re-design
Replies: 102
Views: 23703

Re: Friday Facts #195 - Poles re-design

MasterBuilder wrote:I'm really liking that big pole v2.a. Shame it can't work as-is.

No love for substations? They're all that's missing.
yes : ) love for substations, of course.
it is there but no textures yet. next post (of mine)
by Albert
Sun May 28, 2017 5:30 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #192 - One million
Replies: 71
Views: 15915

Re: Friday Facts #192 - One million

factorio-web-party-anim-2-forums-b.gif
factorio-web-party-anim-2-forums-b.gif (63.28 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
by Albert
Sun May 28, 2017 5:28 pm
Forum: Celebration Party
Topic: Party on!
Replies: 11
Views: 21158

Re: Party on!

factorio-web-party-anim-2-forums-b.gif
factorio-web-party-anim-2-forums-b.gif (63.28 KiB) Viewed 17068 times
1.000.000 !!!

Go to advanced search