Search found 56 matches

by Trblz
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:13 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Add Game Difficulty setting in Vanilla - Easy/Normal/Difficult
Replies: 8
Views: 292

Re: Add Game Difficulty setting in Vanilla - Easy/Normal/Difficult

Most of the suggested difficult options would be quite incompatible with the lower tiers and therefore make multiplayer matchmaking harder and more exclusive. I even think, that newer players would be more hinderd by such changes, too get in touch or learn from more expirienced players. Although ha...
by Trblz
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:26 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [Mod 0.17+] Echo Combinator
Replies: 3
Views: 239

Re: [Mod 0.17+] Echo Combinator

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/echo-combinator The default name that it is listening to is "Alexa", altough you can change this in the options. You can use any item, fluid, virtual signal or recipe. If it's a recipe, the output will be the results of the recipe. It also works with linked items or re...
by Trblz
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:33 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Add Game Difficulty setting in Vanilla - Easy/Normal/Difficult
Replies: 8
Views: 292

Re: Add Game Difficulty setting in Vanilla - Easy/Normal/Difficult

I like the current Setting for the reason i can choose what i want for my game experience. There is always a learning curve in every game and i fail to see how easier recipes would change that. For me an easy recipe like basic oil processing (crude in, petroleum out) means I don't have to think abo...
by Trblz
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:27 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Add Game Difficulty setting in Vanilla - Easy/Normal/Difficult
Replies: 8
Views: 292

Add Game Difficulty setting in Vanilla - Easy/Normal/Difficult

TL;DR Add Game Difficulty setting in Vanilla - easy, normal, difficult What ? In the recent FFFs, there have been a lot of improvements suggested/implemented in the game to make the learning curve less steep for new players. Examples are the anti-fluid mixing changes ( FFF-312 and before), the Oil ...
by Trblz
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:35 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #312 - Fluid mixing saga & Landfill terrain
Replies: 144
Views: 18982

Re: Friday Facts #312 - Fluid mixing saga & Landfill terrain

I'm more concerned about the "perfectly grid aligned" aspect of the pattern. Looks like 4 mini-tiles per tile, perfectly parralell to normal tiles. Maybe it'd help to turn the grid 45°? or make the lines a bit more wavy. I like your idea so I just made a quick mockup to test it out. Here's 45° with...
by Trblz
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:31 pm
Forum: Not a bug
Topic: [0.17.42] Recipe with probability has other result as befor the update
Replies: 3
Views: 269

Re: [0.17.42] Recipe with probability has other result as befor the update

This thread is the closest i can find an answer to my question. In latest beta: Let's take Chemical Plant as example: ingredients: 5x steel-plate, 5x iron-gear-wheel, 5x electronic circuit, 5x pipe Now i am looking for the following probability behavior: Input: 5x steel-plate, 5x iron-gear-wheel, 5x...
by Trblz
Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 pm
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: Recipe output probabilities - how does it work?
Replies: 8
Views: 287

Re: Recipe output probabilities - how does it work?

Following your comment about probability in the 0 - 1 range If i use: results = { {type="item", name="main-product", probability=0.8, amount=1}, --this is the main product with 80% probability to succeed {type="item", name="by-product1", probability=0.2, amount=1}, {type="item", name="by-product3", ...
by Trblz
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:39 pm
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: Recipe output probabilities - how does it work?
Replies: 8
Views: 287

Re: Recipe output probabilities - how does it work?

I am using the mod library as a bases for my own changes. The good thing of this lib is that i don't have to create a full library of new items. The recipes are added through the following procedure (in recipe.lua) function apm.lib.utils.recipe.result.add_with_probability(recipe_name, result_name, r...
by Trblz
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:14 pm
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: Recipe output probabilities - how does it work?
Replies: 8
Views: 287

Recipe output probabilities - how does it work?

I want the output of my recipe products to work as followed using probabilities. Here's an example where the main product has 80% probability ("chance to succeed") and 20% probability to fail. results = { {type="item", name="main-product", probability=0.8, amount=1}, --this is the main product with ...
by Trblz
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:10 pm
Forum: Modding help
Topic: Assembly Machine - Recipe and output probabilities
Replies: 2
Views: 130

Re: Assembly Machine - Recipe and output probabilities

eradicator wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:06 pm
Machines can not influence the content of a recipe (except for speed/productivity). They merely "execute" it, so you'll have to use a different recipe category + recipe prototype for each "chance level".
hmm....ok - thanks for confirming this.
by Trblz
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:01 pm
Forum: Modding help
Topic: Assembly Machine - Recipe and output probabilities
Replies: 2
Views: 130

Assembly Machine - Recipe and output probabilities

I am working on a mod where all machines will create waste/scrap. Its a twist on Amator Phasma's Recycling mod The idea is that all machines/smelters will produce waste/scrap and depending on the machine level, the chances for waste/scrap goes down but never to zero. The vanilla formula for green ci...
by Trblz
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:12 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #309 - Controversial opinions
Replies: 291
Views: 22893

Re: Friday Facts #309 - Controversial opinions

Here's my approach/2 cents: in the attempt to make Factorio easier for beginners, I am afraid you're loosing some of the more experienced players. Simplifying the oil production or Pipes should work like electricity. All of these make it easier and more predictable for beginners. However for a more ...
by Trblz
Sun May 05, 2019 3:07 am
Forum: PyMods
Topic: Py Beginner advice - map settings / bus
Replies: 30
Views: 1863

Re: Py Beginner advice - map settings / bus

This is good information :)

Does anyone have a save file i can use to test? Prior to 0.17 my laptop was not running well with Py-mods due to the highres requirements. Now my laptop works fine with a 5k SPM base.
by Trblz
Sat May 04, 2019 5:05 pm
Forum: PyMods
Topic: Py Beginner advice - map settings / bus
Replies: 30
Views: 1863

Py Beginner advice - map settings / bus

Hi after a break from Factorio i want to start again with 0.17 and PyRO, PyCP, PyFE, PyHT, PyIn.. And some QoL modes like FNEI, MaxRate, Based on some comments RSO is still for better ore spawning. What map settings would you advice? In more vanilla games, my starter base has about 30 lane bus and i...
by Trblz
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:52 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: [0.17.17] feature request - trigger mod dependency load
Replies: 7
Views: 384

Re: [0.17.17] LTN mod bug or factorio bug?

I see. Then this could be made into a feature Request : When a mod author adds a dependency, upon mod update, the dependency should be automatically downloaded too. @OP if you reformulate your post in a suggestion, I'd happily move it to the appropriate subforum (or you can create a suggestion from...
by Trblz
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:39 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: [0.17.17] feature request - trigger mod dependency load
Replies: 7
Views: 384

[0.17.17] feature request - trigger mod dependency load

/edit from original post @Optera added a dependency after I loaded LTN. When i load the mod list LTN fails as @optera has added the OpteraLib . Based on the interfaces of factorio, i would expect 1) factorio to autodownload dependencies - AFAIK this feature does not exist 2) when i hit the YELLOW ar...
by Trblz
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:33 am
Forum: Maps and Scenarios
Topic: Grid based scenario with mixed ores
Replies: 2
Views: 1976

Re: Grid based scenario with mixed ores

i haven't had the time to work on it. Not an expert in LUA The attachment has the last version: void generation works - creates a grid of 98 with void bridges of 10 deep and 6 wide, aligned to rail grid ore generation is miss-aligned - it should be a full grid, not a part of it ore randomization see...
by Trblz
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:07 pm
Forum: Modding help
Topic: Need help with " ')' expected near '.' "-error
Replies: 3
Views: 163

Re: Need help with " ')' expected near '.' "-error

Thanks

that solved that bug
by Trblz
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:50 pm
Forum: Modding help
Topic: Need help with " ')' expected near '.' "-error
Replies: 3
Views: 163

Need help with " ')' expected near '.' "-error

I've been having this error with a scenario that i build: ...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:57: ...ta/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/maps/grid.lua:120: ')' expected near '.' stack traceback: [C]: in function 'require' ...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing...
by Trblz
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:35 pm
Forum: Maps and Scenarios
Topic: Grid based scenario with mixed ores
Replies: 2
Views: 1976

Grid based scenario with mixed ores

Scenario This scenario creates a grid (96x96) based map with voids trenches and bridges to each other. The bridges have a random 20% chance of not being generated. A grid can be filled with a mixed(!) ore based (iron, copper, stone, coal, uranium) or with oil. This replaces the vanilla ore generati...

Go to advanced search