Turning off VSync doesn't solve the issue; it actually makes everything weirder.
With VSync ON, Factorio's reported FPS matches whatever refresh rate I set for the monitor. With VSync OFF, it always reports 60. There is no visual difference, which I assume just means half the frames are being ...
Search found 17 matches
- Sun Sep 06, 2026 5:25 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
- Replies: 7
- Views: 848
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 12:39 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
- Replies: 7
- Views: 848
Re: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
VSync was enabled during all tests. I'll run some more with it disabled later. Any other settings to try while I'm at it?
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 5:47 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
- Replies: 7
- Views: 848
Re: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
OK: One more test and I can at least confirm that the root issue here is UPS being dependent on FPS in some sneaky way:
My monitor is set to a refresh rate of 30 Hz. At no point in testing have I observed UPS drop below 30.0
I set my monitor to 60 Hz. Factorio runs at 60 FPS. The issue stops ...
My monitor is set to a refresh rate of 30 Hz. At no point in testing have I observed UPS drop below 30.0
I set my monitor to 60 Hz. Factorio runs at 60 FPS. The issue stops ...
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 5:07 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
- Replies: 7
- Views: 848
Re: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
Tested again while idle. An autosave occurred, which took 4 seconds to complete. UPS then dropped to exactly 30.0 again, stayed there for 34 seconds, then went back up to 60.
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 4:59 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
- Replies: 7
- Views: 848
Re: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
I included files from `scenarios/` in the original post. I've attached an autosave from this world in this post as I see no other files in `saves/` corresponding to it. This was created in the Scenario Editor.
I tried disabling the setting and it did not change anything. The issue isn't necessarily ...
I tried disabling the setting and it did not change anything. The issue isn't necessarily ...
- Fri Sep 04, 2026 4:46 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: [2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
- Replies: 7
- Views: 848
[2.1.17] Scenario Editor intermittently throttles at 30 UPS
I've been using the scenario editor to test out arbitrary sub-assemblies in a test world, intending to play a new save once 2.1 is stable. Seemingly at random, the game sometimes starts failing to reach 60 UPS. What's really weird about this is that it seems to be "choosing" to run the game at a ...
- Sat Aug 15, 2026 4:52 pm
- Forum: Tools
- Topic: Syntax for describing 2.0 - style combinators?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1260
Re: Syntax for describing 2.0 - style combinators?
I've been thinking about this a bit more. The CNIDE syntax is close enough with some modifications:
Signals can be referred to with dot notation within most definitions as WIRE_NAME.signal_name .
This can create invalid combinations when more than two wires are specified.
This also means the ...
Signals can be referred to with dot notation within most definitions as WIRE_NAME.signal_name .
This can create invalid combinations when more than two wires are specified.
This also means the ...
- Sat Aug 15, 2026 3:31 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Make everything circuit connectable and add a functions to a few
- Replies: 6
- Views: 824
Re: Make everything circuit connectable and add a functions to a few
Definitely +1 to infinity chest contents being circuit controlled. I've been using the editor to create a blueprint book for a 2.1 playthrough once it's stable. I'm using infinity chests extensively to test throughput under both ideal and specific degraded conditions. This would make it so much ...
- Sun Aug 02, 2026 3:36 am
- Forum: Tools
- Topic: Syntax for describing 2.0 - style combinators?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1260
Syntax for describing 2.0 - style combinators?
Hey folks - A few years decade ago I built a project to help me figure out how circuit networks work and how to build them. In the process, I ended up coming up with a notation to describe circuit networks as a sort of "code". I left that project to rot when changes in Factorio and a few mods ...
- Thu Jul 23, 2026 2:56 am
- Forum: Minor issues
- Topic: [2.1.11] Wires between two walls are not preserved on undo
- Replies: 2
- Views: 437
Re: [2.1.11] Wires between two walls are not preserved on undo
I did some more tests of this and found that it does reproduce on 2.1.12, and that given a large set of wires connecting arbitrary walls together, it appears to be deterministic which connections fail to restore, but there's no clear pattern.
- Tue Jul 21, 2026 3:35 am
- Forum: Minor issues
- Topic: [2.1.11] Wires between two walls are not preserved on undo
- Replies: 2
- Views: 437
[2.1.11] Wires between two walls are not preserved on undo
1. Build two separate gate segments with walls around them
2. Connect a green wire between the two gates
3. Use the deconstruction planner to mark both gates for removal
4. Undo
Expected: Walls and gates are unmarked for destruction and green wire is restored between gates
Actual: Walls and gates ...
2. Connect a green wire between the two gates
3. Use the deconstruction planner to mark both gates for removal
4. Undo
Expected: Walls and gates are unmarked for destruction and green wire is restored between gates
Actual: Walls and gates ...
- Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:35 pm
- Forum: Tools
- Topic: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13045
Re: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
I've fixed a bunch of these issues. Still working on the operators, though.
I've thought about the "labels vs comments" issue and I think the best answer is to use `#`s for labels. So, the syntax for labels is the comment syntax from Python. I could take this a bit further and steal the header ...
I've thought about the "labels vs comments" issue and I think the best answer is to use `#`s for labels. So, the syntax for labels is the comment syntax from Python. I could take this a bit further and steal the header ...
- Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:14 am
- Forum: Tools
- Topic: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13045
Re: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
Wow! Thanks for the constructive feedback!
- Comments: Makes sense. There's also a reason it doesn't accept multi-line comments - because of a design decision to propagate the comments into the simulator as "labels" and the fact that it might be confusing you can't insert a comment in the middle of ...
- Comments: Makes sense. There's also a reason it doesn't accept multi-line comments - because of a design decision to propagate the comments into the simulator as "labels" and the fact that it might be confusing you can't insert a comment in the middle of ...
- Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:12 am
- Forum: Tools
- Topic: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13045
Re: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
I've changed the syntax a bit to something a little more sane. It now supports describing sub-networks. I've also updated the UI a little bit to be more intuitive.
- Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:12 pm
- Forum: Tools
- Topic: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13045
Re: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
I've added a debug pane which should make it a little easier to understand what's going on - especially to answer the question of "is the simulation running"?
Here's a practical example of something I actually built. This is a circuit which is connected to my "internet". It controls when / how many ...
Here's a practical example of something I actually built. This is a circuit which is connected to my "internet". It controls when / how many ...
- Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:22 pm
- Forum: Tools
- Topic: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13045
Re: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
I've provided a few examples in the README.
The project is indeed on GitHub Pages. I was just unable to post a link to it.
Application:
https://charredutensil.github.io/cnide/
Project page:
https://github.com/charredutensil/cnide
I'll post a tutorial later, but it should be fairly self explanatory.
The project is indeed on GitHub Pages. I was just unable to post a link to it.
Application:
https://charredutensil.github.io/cnide/
Project page:
https://github.com/charredutensil/cnide
I'll post a tutorial later, but it should be fairly self explanatory.
- Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:10 am
- Forum: Tools
- Topic: Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13045
Cnide - an IDE for Circuit Network development [ALPHA]
So, I was trying to develop a sort of... internet in the map I started for 0.15, in order to let different parts of my factory communicate with each other through one global wire across the whole map. I was dealing with a host of issues, the most frustrating of which was remembering which virtual ...