Search found 34 matches

by undarl
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:34 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion
Replies: 25
Views: 4867

Re: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion

Did you update the mod? When? No, I have not updated it since the 0.16 fixes. You provided me with calculations to back up your argument about why either the portable fission reactor or portable fusion reactor should be changed, then asked for "better energy values". I invited your thoughts about n...
by undarl
Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:13 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion
Replies: 25
Views: 4867

Re: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion

The Portable Fission Reactor (PFissR) is more powerful than the vanilla Portable Fusion Reactor (PFussR): The PFissR has 3×3 (9) slots and 500 kW: 500 ÷ 9 = 55.55555 kW per slot. The PFussR has 4×4 (16) slots and 750 kW: 750 ÷ 16 = 46.875 Kw per slot. PFissR is so space and power efficient as to co...
by undarl
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:48 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion
Replies: 25
Views: 4867

Re: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion

The tests look good, and version 0.4.2 has been uploaded to the mod portal.

Many thanks to vctgross for the edits!

Please ping me here if you run into any problems.
by undarl
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:15 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion
Replies: 25
Views: 4867

Re: [MOD 0.15] Fission and Fusion

Bumping this to request an update of this mod for version 0.16.X of Factorio. Nice to know folks are still using it. Apologies for not having done so yet -- new job and limited time. A kind fellow Factorian has submitted a pull request with 0.16 tweaks, and I will endeavor to get that merged and te...
by undarl
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:50 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion
Replies: 25
Views: 4867

Re: [MOD 0.15] Fission and Fusion

as a note the radioisotope thermoelectric generators research overrides the crafting system for copper cables breaking inventory crafting Apparently there's an issue with recycling-type recipes that run on the same machine as normal production recipes, leading to the issue you ran into (which was w...
by undarl
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:22 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion
Replies: 25
Views: 4867

Re: [MOD 0.15] Fission and Fusion

HAMMERFALL314 wrote:as a note the radioisotope thermoelectric generators research overrides the crafting system for copper cables breaking inventory crafting
Bizarre.
Could you get me a list of the mods you're using? I'll look into it.
by undarl
Wed May 31, 2017 4:50 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15] AAI Industry
Replies: 152
Views: 36444

Re: [MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Earendel wrote: If I set them to "tertiary-output" Factorio throws an "invalid electric usage priority" error.
To perhaps ask the obvious: have you tried spelling that "terciary"? Factorio seems to use that spelling in other entities.
by undarl
Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15, 0.16] Flare Stack
Replies: 94
Views: 49470

Re: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15] Flare Stack

nucleargen wrote: I found now source of error - omnimatter mod. It removes pumpjack recipes, while it no more needed.
Yeah, Omnimatter deletes pumpjacks after the incineration recipe has been created. Talked to EmperorZelos about it, should be fixed for the next Omnimatter release.
by undarl
Tue May 23, 2017 5:42 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15, 0.16] Flare Stack
Replies: 94
Views: 49470

Re: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15] Flare Stack

Fixed. The solution is to remove the position entry in the smoke definition and replace it with north_position , south_position , east_position and west_position . Makes sense. Thanks for both the quick fix and the contribution to my continuing mod education. :) While I was at it, I also changed th...
by undarl
Tue May 23, 2017 5:14 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15, 0.16] Flare Stack
Replies: 94
Views: 49470

Re: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15] Flare Stack

GotLag wrote:Oh, I'm an idiot. It's because I'm only specifying the one smoke emission point, and that rotates with the entity. I'm fixing it now.
Oooo. Tricksy. I look forward to seeing the fix.
by undarl
Tue May 23, 2017 4:50 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15, 0.16] Flare Stack
Replies: 94
Views: 49470

Re: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15] Flare Stack

It shows up in the correct position for me, what graphical settings are you using? Linux machine, windowed, clouds off, everything after "Wait for Vsync" is checked, high rez and high vmem usage, 4096 texture size. I've also tried toggling each of those and changing rez/vmem/texture size. No change...
by undarl
Tue May 23, 2017 3:40 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15, 0.16] Flare Stack
Replies: 94
Views: 49470

Re: [MOD 0.12, 0.13, 0.14, 0.15] Flare Stack

I was testing some things today and noticed that the smoke from the fueled incinerator was way out to the left of the entity. Changing the position value on the smoke from {0.0, -4} to {4.0, 0} fixed it, which was odd -- I would have expected position to use {x, y} offsets. Can anyone else confirm t...
by undarl
Mon May 22, 2017 2:28 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15+] Bucket Wheel Excavator 0.3.6(1st October)
Replies: 70
Views: 68911

Re: [MOD 0.15+] Bucket Wheel Excavator 0.3.6(1st October)

Heya. The 0.15 update for this mod put it onto my radar for the first time, so I thought I'd check it out. I really like the concept, look, and execution of the mod, and I decided to run a bit of math on my own to check out the relative costs and efficiencies. Running numbers through the mining rate...
by undarl
Mon May 22, 2017 12:24 pm
Forum: Angels Mods
Topic: Development and Discussion
Replies: 3217
Views: 551263

Re: Development and Discussion

Or the common items could be available in both mods. De-coupling the two mods would make for easy access for a lot of people who are scared off by the very different ore system in the refining mod. That seems like a reasonable idea. I find that making refining mod dependent on petrochem would be a ...
by undarl
Fri May 19, 2017 7:43 pm
Forum: Angels Mods
Topic: Development and Discussion
Replies: 3217
Views: 551263

Re: Development and Discussion

@undarl @Jackalope @daggertx My question would be: Is it interesting to play and figure out and is it better or worse than the old implementation. I really enjoy the early-game synergies provided by the ore crushers, specifically the inclusion of stone as a useful byproduct/looming problem from min...
by undarl
Fri May 19, 2017 1:57 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15] Rocket Turret 0.0.8
Replies: 20
Views: 5432

Re: [MOD 0.15] Rocket Turret 0.0.7

Heya. I've been playing around with rocket turrets since you released the mod (and have managed to blow myself up hilariously with atomic bombs at least 20 times). :) I'm also a new modder, so I'm going to chime in with some ideas and feedback. -Crude Rocket added for use with Basic Rocket Turret I ...
by undarl
Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 pm
Forum: Angels Mods
Topic: Development and Discussion
Replies: 3217
Views: 551263

Re: Development and Discussion

I know the focus is not on vanilla from what I read but I do have some yield questions if its okay. Is any of the below even worth it (other than the fun factor) and does it actually increase yield? I am not sure...and maybe its a limitation of using this without Bobs Plates and stuff. Which is fin...
by undarl
Thu May 18, 2017 12:22 am
Forum: Not a bug
Topic: [0.15.10] Uranium processing ratio incorrect (100% U-238)
Replies: 12
Views: 1962

Re: [0.15.10] Uranium processing ratio incorrect (100% U-238)

Yes, but if you are attempting to use the count of output items for anything, it won't necessarily be equal to 1/10th of the count of ore that was processed. If the probability ratio was meant to be a dice roll, then it should actually be a dice roll (and it should be since processing 10 ore should...
by undarl
Mon May 15, 2017 1:26 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion
Replies: 25
Views: 4867

Re: [MOD 0.15] Fission and Fusion

No recipe can output over 100%. If you have a 75% chance of U238 that leaves 25% chance for anything else. Aha. I see where you're going with that now, and after looking at the uranium processing recipe again I understand your point. That recipe is written as though all result probabilities are tal...
by undarl
Mon May 15, 2017 8:46 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.15/0.16] Fission and Fusion
Replies: 25
Views: 4867

Re: [MOD 0.15] Fission and Fusion

Heya, Optera. Thanks for the feedback! Percentages of Radioisotopes are set incorrectly. You have over 100% total for both recipes producing them. Is this a reference to the results having both a probability and an amount, or to something else? If the former it may be redundant, but it seems to do t...

Go to advanced search