Search found 225 matches

by Sigma1
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:56 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #279 - Train GUI & Modern Spitter
Replies: 208
Views: 23065

Re: Friday Facts #279 - Train GUI & Modern Spitter

My only complaint is that the worms and nests are too smooth, as others have mentioned too.

The train GUI looks great, but I'd have the option to collapse the condition list for each station.
by Sigma1
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #267 - Experiments, Explosives & Extended tags
Replies: 120
Views: 14358

Re: Friday Facts #267 - Experiments, Explosives & Extended tags

The tags seem very useful, especially the map ping. I'll finally be able to precisely point out which block of instant noodles I'm complaining about to my friend.

Also, petition to bring back the pickaxe.
by Sigma1
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:54 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #262 - Hello my name is: Compilatron
Replies: 126
Views: 16127

Re: Friday Facts #262 - Hello my name is: Compilatron

I like how Compilatron has a little floppy drive on the front.

It is also adorable, and I hope it will exist in freeplay.

Now we just need the spidertron.
by Sigma1
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:00 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors
Replies: 206
Views: 26073

Re: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors

That one does look a lot better indeed.

I didn't even remember pipe shadows were a thing...
by Sigma1
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:12 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors
Replies: 206
Views: 26073

Re: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors

ownlyme wrote:hmm the first hr version was better i think... (and also sharper)
Can you tell what was better in it, other than the sharpness?

Also, this one should be just as sharp.
by Sigma1
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:07 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors
Replies: 206
Views: 26073

Re: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors

I have made some tweaks to the hr-sprite for the tower, now it looks a lot better:
cooling-tower-hr-fix.png
cooling-tower-hr-fix.png (99.78 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
On a side note, guess who remembered to save the original blender file and now only has a 720x720 render of the tower to work with.
by Sigma1
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:56 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors
Replies: 206
Views: 26073

Re: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors

the substructure of the normal resolution tower looks better somehow. I know, I'm not quite sure what is off with the high-res one, but will try to fix it at some point. i made images for the reactor and breeder reactor by layering the vanilla reactor onto it. maybe it's not perfect but i would lov...
by Sigma1
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:29 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors
Replies: 206
Views: 26073

Re: [MOD 0.16] Realistic Reactors

Here is a cooling tower I just made for you, feel free to use:
cooling-tower.png
cooling-tower.png (37.99 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Note that it's a bit low-res, will make a high-res one soon

EDIT: High-Res version with slightly fixed shadows:
cooling-tower-hr.png
cooling-tower-hr.png (98.28 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
by Sigma1
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:35 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #254 - No research queue for you
Replies: 223
Views: 26346

Re: Friday Facts #254 - No research queue for you

I disagree with the removal of the queue.

For older players with 800+ hours, it is just tedious selecting each research manually.



Also, Spidertron when?
by Sigma1
Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:31 pm
Forum: Atomic Power
Topic: Uranium Power
Replies: 305
Views: 131385

Re: Uranium Power

SunTroll wrote:RIP one of the best mods. :(
Shame, it was way better than that vanilla nuclear.
by Sigma1
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:08 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles
Replies: 832
Views: 194344

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Just a quick question, how did you make the textures for your models?
by Sigma1
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:34 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #246 - The GUI update (Part 3)
Replies: 161
Views: 19982

Re: Friday Facts #246 - The GUI update (Part 3)

Very nice! I like that you got the button order the correct way.

The exchange string window looks a bit off on top of the adjustments IMO
by Sigma1
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:21 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #245 - Campaign concept
Replies: 167
Views: 21061

Re: Friday Facts #245 - Campaign concept

Just a quick question; Will we finally get the spidertron?
by Sigma1
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:19 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #245 - Campaign concept
Replies: 167
Views: 21061

Re: Friday Facts #245 - Campaign concept

The line between production 2 and engine has a one pixel offset. As a hobbyist graphics guy, this would make the game literally unplayable. On a (more) serious note, I like the fact that you will research the science packs separately, and that you won't have to restart in the campaign. I might even ...
by Sigma1
Fri May 25, 2018 4:24 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 20045

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

kovarex wrote:How could you read 1 as 7, when 7 is written like this? https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... tten_7.svg
We were actually also taught to write the seven like that, so the thing with one makes even less sense

Oh, and thanks to this thread all my future websites will be way more responsive
by Sigma1
Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 20045

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

People who write uppercase I and lowercase l the same are doing it out of brevity, and they tend to write the number 1 the same way. Fun fact: in elementary school we were taught that you should write the number 1 without the little mark so it doesn't get confused with 7... Needless to say, I start...
by Sigma1
Thu May 24, 2018 4:12 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 20045

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

A seven segment font looks really factorio-y for the numbers. This one is a bit odd with text though.

Might be great with monospace for the text?
by Sigma1
Thu May 24, 2018 2:31 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 20045

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

mrvn wrote:
Sigma1 wrote:
Dev-iL wrote:
Sigma1 wrote:BTW Factorio looks incredibly good with monospace as the font everywhere!
Pics or it didn't happen!
Here you go!
Ignore the mods and me being in cheat mode
You should have used a dot-matrix font: https://www.google.com/search?q=dot+matrix+font
Gotta try that at some point too
by Sigma1
Thu May 24, 2018 1:14 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset
Replies: 167
Views: 20045

Re: Friday Facts #243 - New GUI tileset

Dev-iL wrote:
Sigma1 wrote:BTW Factorio looks incredibly good with monospace as the font everywhere!
Pics or it didn't happen!
Here you go!
Ignore the mods and me being in cheat mode
by Sigma1
Wed May 23, 2018 4:29 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: New Achievement Ideas
Replies: 98
Views: 6717

Re: New Achievement Ideas

Carpet Bombing: Fire 25 artillery shells within 25 tiles of each other

Go to advanced search