Search found 19 matches

by gmyx
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:24 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #275 - 0.17 Science changes
Replies: 457
Views: 21318

Re: Friday Facts #275 - 0.17 Science changes

As a rule, I don't do direct insertion. I prefere main bus/rail world. And I try to limit bots to keep them to upgrades and cleanup. Logistic bots are useful to back feed during upgrades and with the crafting combinator mod. Then you are choosing to limit your choices, which is off course your righ...
by gmyx
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:19 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #275 - 0.17 Science changes
Replies: 457
Views: 21318

Re: Friday Facts #275 - 0.17 Science changes

I like the changes overall, but I'm not a fan of the amount of rails needed for production science (just as I'm not with the copper cables right now for high-tech science). This is mainly for logistic reasons: With the other science packs, I can put in a few blue belts, perhaps some of them shared ...
by gmyx
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:59 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #275 - 0.17 Science changes
Replies: 457
Views: 21318

Re: Friday Facts #275 - 0.17 Science changes

I like the changes overall, but I'm not a fan of the amount of rails needed for production science (just as I'm not with the copper cables right now for high-tech science). This is mainly for logistic reasons: With the other science packs, I can put in a few blue belts, perhaps some of them shared ...
by gmyx
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:41 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: Hermios trains
Replies: 16
Views: 3207

Re: Hermios trains

Hi gmxy Well, I have a good news: I can reproduce it (So it does come from my mod). I have a bad news too: I have no idea why! I think this is a problem with the game itself. I will send a notice to the developers. Until then, I can do nothing, sorry! Niko Have you heard back from the Devs? I notic...
by gmyx
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:36 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: Hermios trains
Replies: 16
Views: 3207

Re: Hermios trains

Hi gmxy Well, I have a good news: I can reproduce it (So it does come from my mod). I have a bad news too: I have no idea why! I think this is a problem with the game itself. I will send a notice to the developers. Until then, I can do nothing, sorry! Niko Well, it's a start! Looking forward to see...
by gmyx
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:23 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: Hermios trains
Replies: 16
Views: 3207

Re: Hermios trains

I have a strange bug for you. When I load a game, all circuit connections to the rail pole are lost. I don't know if there is a mod conflict, I use 20+ mods. this brakes all functionality for me. Save game attached. final2018.zip Dropbox version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v7gpvlnwkge7be/final2018.z...
by gmyx
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:28 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #205 - Teaching the things that everybody knows
Replies: 110
Views: 15715

Re: Friday Facts #205 - Teaching the things that everybody knows

You are also assuming everyone know what the colours mean (or can even distinguish them) What does red ream? Is is missing, or is the dependency too old / wrong version. What about orange? Use of colour is fine but you gotta add a bit more. Say what is wrong. There are also tooltips on the dependen...
by gmyx
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:22 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #205 - Teaching the things that everybody knows
Replies: 110
Views: 15715

Re: Friday Facts #205 - Teaching the things that everybody knows

You are also assuming everyone know what the colours mean (or can even distinguish them)

What does red ream? Is is missing, or is the dependency too old / wrong version.
What about orange?

Use of colour is fine but you gotta add a bit more. Say what is wrong.
by gmyx
Sat May 13, 2017 1:20 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: [0.15]Set Filter on Filter Inserters makes bad choice
Replies: 3
Views: 354

Re: [0.15]Set Filter on Filter Inserters makes bad choice

Rseding91 wrote:That's a feature suggestion not a bug.
I disagree. Having something choose based on some internal id makes it non-obvious and a bug. the player has no control and must create significantly more complicated logic to filter out things.
by gmyx
Sat May 13, 2017 12:23 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: [0.15]Set Filter on Filter Inserters makes bad choice
Replies: 3
Views: 354

[0.15]Set Filter on Filter Inserters makes bad choice

When using filter inserters, the way it chooses what to filter is not helpfull. It is basing itself on the object's order in the screen instead of the highest number. Example as per image below, Iron is to the left of Copper and thus will always choose Iron. I assume it's because iron has a lower id...
by gmyx
Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:54 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [0.13.x] Eternal Blueprints 0.2
Replies: 9
Views: 2949

Re: [0.13.x] Eternal Blueprints 0.2

steinio wrote:
Ghosts created by player no longer expire and can be placed before researching any technologies.
From viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27101 - Changes.
Thought ghost == blueprint.

Greetings steinio
Dang. Ghost are the results of blueprints. That is what my mod modifies.
by gmyx
Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:43 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [0.13.x] Eternal Blueprints 0.2
Replies: 9
Views: 2949

Re: [0.13.x] Eternal Blueprints 0.2

steinio wrote:If i remember right the blueprints are eternal in 0.13 vanilla.
I don't know. I just restarted playing and updated my mod.

I did check the upload logs for 13.x and found nothing. But I could be wrong.
by gmyx
Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:57 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [0.13.x] Eternal Blueprints 0.2
Replies: 9
Views: 2949

Re: [0.12.x] Eternal Blueprints 0.1

I would like to offer a suggestion on balance. I think that it would be much better if the blueprint upgrades would be as follows; Lv1: Default (10 minutes?) Lv2: 2x (20 minutes?) Lv3: 3x (60 minutes?) Lv4: 4x (4 hours?) Lv5: 6x (24 hours?) With this, you get a full 24 hours at level 5, which is "e...
by gmyx
Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:01 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [0.13.x] Eternal Blueprints 0.2
Replies: 9
Views: 2949

[0.13.x] Eternal Blueprints 0.2

Eternal Blueprints Info: Allows to extend the life of in-game blueprints up 1 month long. Blueprint life is retro-active to already placed blueprints. Name: EternalBlueprints Latest Release: v0.0.2, Sept 9th, 2016 Factorio Version: 0.13.x Download: Download from Github License: GPL3 Dependencies: N...
by gmyx
Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:00 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 12.11+] Train Outposts
Replies: 142
Views: 51644

Re: [MOD 12.11+] Train Outposts

I had to fix data-updates.lua to look like this (to get it to work with Natural Evolution): require "config" function add_peak(ent, peak) if ent and ent.autoplace then ent.autoplace.peaks[#ent.autoplace.peaks+1] = peak end end for resource_name, resource in pairs(data.raw.resource) do -- do not spa...
by gmyx
Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:05 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.12.x] Roadworks 3.0 - Bridges!
Replies: 29
Views: 41707

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Roadworks 3.0 - Bridges!

kinnom wrote:can you update this to 0.12.11+
Here you are: A working 0.12.21 version!

Unofficial v3.0.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bd76egh6vnk2e ... 1.zip?dl=0

Fix for 0.12.11+ compatibility.
by gmyx
Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:02 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.10.x] Liquid Station Mod
Replies: 30
Views: 25426

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Liquid Station Mod

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Can I upload 1 0.11.1 version?
Just post it here. It would help others with the 0.11 issue.
by gmyx
Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:57 pm
Forum: Mods
Topic: [Mod 0.11.x] Belt Blocker
Replies: 29
Views: 30030

Re: [Mod 0.11.x] Belt Blocker

Brilliantly simple. Thanks!
by gmyx
Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:59 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [0.11.*+] Alien Science
Replies: 29
Views: 32058

Re: [0.9.*+] Alien Science

Like this mod. And I want to share with you an idea: If Factorio supports cyclic recipes, how about we have something like this: 4 Alien Artifact + 8 Red SP + 4 Green SP + 2 Blue SP => 5 Alien Artifact? This will make it similar to some sort of breeder reactor, which can slowly increase the Alien A...

Go to advanced search