Search found 382 matches

by meganothing
Sat Aug 29, 2026 11:08 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: I think I like vanilla more than Space Age
Replies: 27
Views: 6143

Re: I think I like vanilla more than Space Age

I see it this way: Factorio 1 was a huge single (sand-)box filled with 100 toys. For Space Age they decided to make about 6 boxes, called them planets and platform, but since the game should not take that much longer, they made the boxes smaller and distributed 150 toys over those six boxes, 25 on ...
by meganothing
Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:38 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: 2.1 Review
Replies: 12
Views: 1920

Re: 2.1 Review

I really really like your suggestion of highlighting wires when hovering. It is one big reason my circuit networks stay relatively basic since checking network numbers on all the combinators is everything but fun.
by meganothing
Fri Jul 31, 2026 12:12 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7



It would not have ruined my experience anyway, but I might have gotten less fun out of experimenting with the quality mechanisms if I for example had heard the ultimate bestest way to get quality stuff is doing it with asteroids on a space ship. Instead I now made lots of different quality ...
by meganothing
Wed Jul 29, 2026 1:55 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7


When i read that, to me , it sound that space casino was not ruining your game in the slightliest, as you never ever used it, so assuming players like you, i imagine there was no need to do anything :lol:


It would not have ruined my experience anyway, but I might have gotten less fun out of ...
by meganothing
Mon Jul 27, 2026 11:49 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7



All the interplanetary spaceships I have currently built have a drop belt. I would assume using a drop belt makes it easier to design a small spaceship for reaching the first planets because you need less asteroid collectors when they are unfiltered.


I think for some part it's much more ...
by meganothing
Sat Jul 25, 2026 12:28 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7




In most cases chest offers enough buffer room that you can postpone clogging for years, but in any case, throwing stuff into lava is similar regarding avoiding clogging except you can use logistic bots and chest there making it again a less challenging puzzle that was space casino imo.

The ...
by meganothing
Fri Jul 24, 2026 3:06 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7


In most cases chest offers enough buffer room that you can postpone clogging for years, but in any case, throwing stuff into lava is similar regarding avoiding clogging except you can use logistic bots and chest there making it again a less challenging puzzle that was space casino imo.


The ...
by meganothing
Thu Jul 23, 2026 3:42 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7


I feel it's also irrelevant to mention "building the platform without robots", the part where the robots are useful is for routing the different material , logistic bots


"building the platform without [being able to use] robots". Naturally I only meant logistic bots.



, on the space ...
by meganothing
Wed Jul 22, 2026 4:21 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7





I don't consider fluid voiding an exploit that needs a fix. This is complicated enough that 98% of factorio players need to copy a solution and once they do that I would say "let them do it, who cares?".
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1157&v=duMHRGAAhIs&feature=youtu.be

Which is not ...
by meganothing
Mon Jul 20, 2026 12:26 am
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.9
Replies: 33
Views: 26608

Re: Version 2.1.9



The relevant FFF quote is

Even when overdelivering some items, the algorithm can still fail to find a complete batch due to our sorting constraints. It usually happens when you don't have enough supply in your logistic network. The logic hopes that missing items will be produced eventually ...
by meganothing
Mon Jul 20, 2026 12:17 am
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7



I don't understand what the general point you seem to define here as the only thing anyone is allowed to talk about really has to do with a single objection I have with a specific post by a specific user that is not you.


I read that 3 times and gave up, not sure what you mean.


I don't ...
by meganothing
Thu Jul 16, 2026 1:17 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7



I didn't say that the theory is implausible. But it still is only a theory.


It's missing the point imo, you asked wether it was premature, and again here you act like if it mattered wether or not we can say with certainty if youtuber videos had an impact on the change or wether it's just a ...
by meganothing
Sat Jul 11, 2026 9:24 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7



Some forum users posts a theory that youtubers might have prompted Wube to nerf or disable space casinos. You now seem to argue as if it was a fact. Isn't that a bit premature?


I feel like the more consensual idea is that youtubers are "influencers" , people will mimick what they see on the ...
by meganothing
Sat Jul 11, 2026 12:10 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7



That's an interesting point, i found myself preventing player joining my multiplayer game to import blueprint recently because i find it more interesting to redesign using the new mechanics of 2.1, lane swiching for inserter changes a lot of things to me in the little details, and the circuit ...
by meganothing
Fri Jul 10, 2026 1:26 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.9
Replies: 33
Views: 26608

Re: Version 2.1.9

The relevant FFF quote is

Even when overdelivering some items, the algorithm can still fail to find a complete batch due to our sorting constraints. It usually happens when you don't have enough supply in your logistic network. The logic hopes that missing items will be produced eventually and ...
by meganothing
Fri Jul 10, 2026 1:05 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 2.1.7
Replies: 305
Views: 236199

Re: Version 2.1.7




You still have to do all the routing logic to make sure the undesired material are voided or sent to the proper machine

You don't need any routing logic, just use a splitter like an overflow to throw away any excess. Zero logic required (though you should first sort the asteroids chunks with ...
by meganothing
Tue Jul 07, 2026 3:28 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: We need to talk about the new fluid system
Replies: 74
Views: 8908

Re: We need to talk about the new fluid system



. Using railword maps as part of your statistic is without any value because players playing railwords would be the first players who would ignore any superior system and use trains instead just because. To paraphrase Maslov; "it is tempting, if the only tool you want to use is a hammer, to ...
by meganothing
Mon Jul 06, 2026 2:25 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: We need to talk about the new fluid system
Replies: 74
Views: 8908

Re: We need to talk about the new fluid system


I don't mean to sound negative or put anyone down. This is just how stuff goes in game development tbh, nothing to blame Wube. But yeah, they kinda mentioned they would come back to it. And some of us expected more from that.


Possibly they actually came back to it and either

A) made the ...
by meganothing
Mon Jul 06, 2026 2:07 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: We need to talk about the new fluid system
Replies: 74
Views: 8908

Re: We need to talk about the new fluid system


There is also a criteria D) which should be: Does it add an interesting challenge to the game?

It is very easy to say "well this mechanic is simple, maybe we could make an interesting puzzle out of it". It is very hard to propose a solution that actually does it.


Yes, D is another criteria by ...
by meganothing
Mon Jul 06, 2026 12:56 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: We need to talk about the new fluid system
Replies: 74
Views: 8908

Re: We need to talk about the new fluid system


One more thing:


Except for Panzerknacker it seems we all agree that the 1.1 fluid system had to go and the current system is better. And most of us think it would be even better with some more limits or disadvantages.
I don't think it needs any debate about this point because it is obvious the ...

Go to advanced search