Search found 7 matches
- Mon Aug 31, 2026 4:17 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: factorio optimization thoughts - is it even deterministic?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1130
Re: factorio optimization thoughts - is it even deterministic?
thanks, good and clear answer. given the potential performance gains of something like averaging, especially for space platforms, I was 50/50 about expecting some kind of averaging having already been implemented. take my promethium ships for example, they do their stuff, nothing ever goes wrong, I ...
- Mon Aug 31, 2026 7:32 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: factorio optimization thoughts - is it even deterministic?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1130
factorio optimization thoughts - is it even deterministic?
playing factorio and hearing how well it is allegedly optimized, had me wonder many times about whether one huge potential for optimization has been used or not, now hear me out, this might be a silly idea given that I am not a programmer.
my assumption is that every game has to be calculated, and ...
my assumption is that every game has to be calculated, and ...
- Fri Feb 06, 2026 5:00 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: My space age review
- Replies: 63
- Views: 20611
Re: My space age review
For me personally it was a missbuy.
I have to laugh every time I read somebody writing something like this. [...]
it sounds funny to me, too. like as if a video game was some kind of investment or something. basically every video game wastes time unless you go pro and earn money playing ...
- Fri Feb 06, 2026 12:56 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: observations and expectations from a new player getting ready to go for shattered planet
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2283
Re: observations and expectations from a new player getting ready to go for shattered planet
so, I have more feedback to give, and found other more specialized threads for this, but I thought I would concentrate my findings here so its easier to digest for development; mods, if this gets a bit spammy, please move it somewhere more "niche" than general discussion.
so, first things first ...
so, first things first ...
- Fri Feb 06, 2026 11:25 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Performance optimization - post your saves
- Replies: 463
- Views: 456596
Re: Performance optimization - post your saves
not sure if this helps, but the only time I got performance drops on the most current space age, was when trying to go to the shattered planet, and only at a certain zoom level. the ups kept being fine, but the frames dropped on a m1max macbook playing in clamshell mode on a 120hz 4k tv. what I had ...
- Tue Feb 03, 2026 4:25 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: observations and expectations from a new player getting ready to go for shattered planet
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2283
Re: observations and expectations from a new player getting ready to go for shattered planet
ok it happened, I reached it today, what an odyssee it was, I had never dreamt what would expect me there, mind completely blown. go see for yourself 
- Mon Jan 26, 2026 2:31 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: observations and expectations from a new player getting ready to go for shattered planet
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2283
observations and expectations from a new player getting ready to go for shattered planet
now one thing before all: please don't spoiler anything.
hi, I recently got hooked (about november last year) with factorio, built a 5-10k spm megabase in vanilla factorio, but ups got bad so I lost interest, instead of rebuilding with ups in mind, I decided to plunge on space age, and what a nice ...
hi, I recently got hooked (about november last year) with factorio, built a 5-10k spm megabase in vanilla factorio, but ups got bad so I lost interest, instead of rebuilding with ups in mind, I decided to plunge on space age, and what a nice ...