I present another combinator behemoth: My science switcher
20261002204257_1.jpg
Design goals:
be maintainable in multiplayer
check for available science packs, e.g. don't research robot worker speed without electromagnetic science packs.
switch between technologies with agricultural science ...
Search found 12 matches
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:11 pm
- Forum: Combinator Creations
- Topic: Science switcher, selecting science with the best benefit-to-cost ratio
- Replies: 0
- Views: 108
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:33 am
- Forum: Resolved for the next release
- Topic: [2.1.20] Check for Request satisfied makes no sense in the presence of circuit controlled requests
- Replies: 3
- Views: 310
Re: [2.1.20] Check for Request satisfied makes no sense in the presence of circuit controlled requests
It is possible that i misread the report and it is not about "request satisfied" wait condition being invalid but about the check that disallows selection of certain items being invalid.
Yes. The little popup "Items which are not requested cannot be set." should not show. Revised report
What ...
- Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:35 am
- Forum: Resolved for the next release
- Topic: [2.1.20] Check for Request satisfied makes no sense in the presence of circuit controlled requests
- Replies: 3
- Views: 310
[2.1.20] Check for Request satisfied makes no sense in the presence of circuit controlled requests
What did you do?
A1 Have a platform where logistic requests are set by circuits. Item biters is not in the manual logistic requests.
A2 add "Request satisfied" to the schedule (the one where you have to select an item)
A3 try to set the item for Request satisfied to biters .
A3.1 with pipette ...
A1 Have a platform where logistic requests are set by circuits. Item biters is not in the manual logistic requests.
A2 add "Request satisfied" to the schedule (the one where you have to select an item)
A3 try to set the item for Request satisfied to biters .
A3.1 with pipette ...
- Tue Aug 25, 2026 12:52 pm
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.15] Lab condition "set Research" not handled by cut/paste
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1024
Re: [2.1.15] Lab condition "set Research" not handled by cut/paste
When I tried to create a minimal example, it turned out you are right, just a visual issue. You CAN skip the rest of this post, in retrospect I am trying to make my error yours.
(Anyway) But let me turn this into more visual issue: I built a complex science switcher logic. Debugging "set research ...
(Anyway) But let me turn this into more visual issue: I built a complex science switcher logic. Debugging "set research ...
- Tue Aug 25, 2026 10:05 am
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.15] Lab condition "set Research" not handled by cut/paste
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1024
Re: [2.1.15] Lab condition "set Research" not handled by cut/paste
"visual issue"?
Step 11, "research not set according to lab" is more serious than just a display error. There is no recovery by un-checking and checking "set research" again.
Anyway, I will try to reproduce with the next release.
Step 11, "research not set according to lab" is more serious than just a display error. There is no recovery by un-checking and checking "set research" again.
Anyway, I will try to reproduce with the next release.
- Mon Aug 24, 2026 7:53 pm
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.15] Lab condition "set Research" not handled by cut/paste
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1024
[2.1.15] Lab condition "set Research" not handled by cut/paste
(A1 action 1, o1 observation one, E1 expectation one)
What did you do?
A1. have roboport coverage for construction bots
A2. Have a lab ("lab1") with a red wire, e.g. attach to constant combinator.
A3. Check set research in circuit panel.
A4. Add two conditions for research
(A5. Enter Technology ...
What did you do?
A1. have roboport coverage for construction bots
A2. Have a lab ("lab1") with a red wire, e.g. attach to constant combinator.
A3. Check set research in circuit panel.
A4. Add two conditions for research
(A5. Enter Technology ...
- Sun Jul 26, 2026 9:57 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Simple Ship Drive
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4886
Re: Simple Ship Drive
Maybe a button that adds a temporary stop, similar to CTRL-clicking when you're looking at a train? Then you wouldn't need a schedule.
Try CTRL-clicking on add station. It already inserts a temporary stop, just like trains. And, similar to trains, you have to edit the condition if you want the ...
- Mon Feb 16, 2026 8:00 pm
- Forum: Multiplayer
- Topic: Unofficial Factorio Troll/Griefer Database
- Replies: 247
- Views: 269890
Re: Unofficial Factorio Troll/Griefer Database
name1: "lazerfish23" massive deconstruction on all planets and platforms.
name2 "AlfredoNimbus" has been reported before, but I've encountered him at least 3 times, immediately starts destructive behavior. Once in early game sneakily cut a critical oil connection to flamethrower defense. When there ...
name2 "AlfredoNimbus" has been reported before, but I've encountered him at least 3 times, immediately starts destructive behavior. Once in early game sneakily cut a critical oil connection to flamethrower defense. When there ...
- Thu Oct 30, 2025 4:12 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Gameplay trailer narrator not credited
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1211
Gameplay trailer narrator not credited
I recently stumbled over a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb9IL8AqrGA and within seconds I thought "I know this voice". To me it sounds like the one of the gameplay trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVvXv1Z6EY8 .
For the Nasa video, the narrator is listed in youtube details. At ...
For the Nasa video, the narrator is listed in youtube details. At ...
- Wed Feb 12, 2025 6:50 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Seeking advice in co-op with non-gamer friends
- Replies: 12
- Views: 5055
Re: Seeking advice in co-op with non-gamer friends
Some questions to the thread starter, @neoChaos12:
Will you be playing remote or is it some type of LAN party, where you can watch their hands? When I started playing, it was click furnace to open, click coal at inventory to pickup, click coal to drop, press E to close (some might click X here ...
Will you be playing remote or is it some type of LAN party, where you can watch their hands? When I started playing, it was click furnace to open, click coal at inventory to pickup, click coal to drop, press E to close (some might click X here ...
- Tue Jan 14, 2025 8:54 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: They need to rename Gleba to Bartleby
- Replies: 117
- Views: 45111
Re: They need to rename Gleba to Bartleby
What difficulty settings are you playing at?
I hope the devs extend the settings so you can set evolution etc. for Nauvis and Gleba separately. And add a new preset to make Gleba easier, it gets a lot of hate. I totally loved the Gleba challenge with going Gleba first, but I set evolution and ...
I hope the devs extend the settings so you can set evolution etc. for Nauvis and Gleba separately. And add a new preset to make Gleba easier, it gets a lot of hate. I totally loved the Gleba challenge with going Gleba first, but I set evolution and ...
- Fri Dec 06, 2024 4:13 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.0.24
- Replies: 54
- Views: 50120
Re: Version 2.0.24
Balancing
[space-age] Changed rocket fuel from ammonia recipe to require the same amount of solid fuel as the main rocket fuel recipes to prevent a recycling loop. (https://forums.factorio.com/122574)
...
Adjusted solid fuel and rocket fuel production on Aquilo to have the same yield ...