Search found 13 matches

by MRI-One
Sun Sep 27, 2026 2:12 pm
Forum: Duplicates
Topic: [2.1.19][macOS] Factorio prevents display sleep while minimized
Replies: 6
Views: 429

Re: [2.1.19][macOS] Factorio prevents display sleep while minimized

Thanks, if I understand you correctly, you worry that the OS might decide to power off the GPU when you allow display sleep, but not system sleep, and that this causes GPU state corruption. I fully support the PreventUserIdleSystemSleep assertion, it is only the PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep I argue ...
by MRI-One
Sun Sep 20, 2026 10:05 am
Forum: Duplicates
Topic: [2.1.19][macOS] Factorio prevents display sleep while minimized
Replies: 6
Views: 429

Re: [2.1.19][macOS] Factorio prevents display sleep while minimized

I am afraid there is a misunderstanding, I am not talking about what happens when you pause the game, but what happens when you minimize the game, so that nothing is visible apart from its dock icon, the use case being running Factorio in the background. I reported on the start screen because that's ...
by MRI-One
Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:16 pm
Forum: Duplicates
Topic: [2.1.19][macOS] Factorio prevents display sleep while minimized
Replies: 6
Views: 429

[2.1.19][macOS] Factorio prevents display sleep while minimized

When I start Factorio in a window, and then minimize it before starting playing, Factorio stops its display updates, but it keeps its assertion active that prevents macOS from activating display sleep. I would have expected Factorio to disable this assertion while it is minimized.

The problem ...
by MRI-One
Sun Jun 14, 2026 11:29 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Please, DO NOT remove space casino
Replies: 271
Views: 47361

Re: Please, DO NOT remove space casino

You can still do a space casino with the basic crushing recipes, at 300% productivity research they also return 80% of their input chunks. Yes, it is annoying to have to redesign your ship around needing to deal with the extra junk, but it is doable. The only issue is that you need level 30 crushing ...
by MRI-One
Tue Jun 02, 2026 6:45 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Add Breakpoints to Map Editor for Circuit Debugging
Replies: 0
Views: 199

Add Breakpoints to Map Editor for Circuit Debugging

TL;DR
When debugging a circuit, I often want to check its behavior at a specific condition. It would be helpful if I could automatically stop the simulation at that point

What?
I would like the ability to attach a stop point to a circuit wire. The condition would work like a decider combinator ...
by MRI-One
Mon May 11, 2026 10:04 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Add recipe calculations to the selector combinator
Replies: 1
Views: 354

Add recipe calculations to the selector combinator

TL;DR
Improve the selector combinator to make recipe calculations easier


What?
Add a recipe mode to the selector combinator, with the following output options:

- output the inputs required per craft given a recipe signal

- output the items crafted per craft. Output either to "Each", in ...
by MRI-One
Sun Apr 27, 2025 8:45 pm
Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
Topic: [StrangePan][2.0.45][mac-arm] minimized Factorio restarts graphics loop after resolution change
Replies: 4
Views: 3281

Re: [2.0.45][mac-arm] minimized Factorio restarts graphics loop after resolution change

Issue observed with a fresh start, engineer still standing before the wreck.

A log included as per guidelines.

And the issue only appears when changing between HiRes and StandardRes. Switching between different scaled HiRes resolutions does not trigger it.
by MRI-One
Sat Apr 26, 2025 3:02 pm
Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
Topic: [StrangePan][2.0.45][mac-arm] minimized Factorio restarts graphics loop after resolution change
Replies: 4
Views: 3281

[StrangePan][2.0.45][mac-arm] minimized Factorio restarts graphics loop after resolution change

When I minimize the factorio window, it stops with the graphics updates, and continues with running the simulation. Now when I change the screen resolution while factorio is minimized, it restarts the updates. This is easily resolved by opening factorio and minimizing it again, but it would be nicer ...
by MRI-One
Wed Apr 23, 2025 10:34 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Selector combinator mode: item ingredients
Replies: 8
Views: 6305

Re: Selector combinator mode: item ingredients

Such a mode would really help in disentangling automatic recipe selection logic.

I would keep it simple:

- Combinator mode has one fixed parameter, the machine used to produce a recipe, together with the surface the machine is placed on.

- It would then work as the current "Read ingredients ...
by MRI-One
Fri Dec 13, 2024 6:23 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Wait condition visualisation: show explicit "completed" state
Replies: 7
Views: 2421

Re: Wait condition visualisation: show explicit "completed" state

I would find different colors distracting. Maybe it is sufficient to use a less saturated green while the condition fills up, and go to the fully saturated green when it is completed?
Or only use 90% of the height for the progress while not full, and go to the entire height when full?
by MRI-One
Tue Dec 10, 2024 11:57 am
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: Wait condition visualisation: show explicit "completed" state
Replies: 7
Views: 2421

Re: Wait condition visualisation: show explicit "completed" state

I believe an easy way to visualize this would be to make the delete condition button only green when the condition is fully fulfilled, and keep it gray otherwise.
That would be easy to implement, and does not add any visual clutter.
by MRI-One
Thu Dec 05, 2024 12:23 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: [2.0.23] Mac Crash
Replies: 3
Views: 1120

Re: [2.0.23] Mac Crash

Most likely you hit Cmd-Q by accident. Then Factorio immediately quits without asking for confirmation.
by MRI-One
Fri Nov 22, 2024 9:44 pm
Forum: Technical Help
Topic: [2.0.7] Frequent FPS slowdowns during gameplay (Apple Silicon)
Replies: 125
Views: 59903

Re: [2.0.7] Frequent FPS slowdowns during gameplay (Apple Silicon)

2.0.21 works better, and with high resolution much better, thank you.

Factorio running at native resolution (5120x2160, 11 MPixel):
Where .20 would drop the frame rate down to 50fps, .21 runs cleanly at 60fps. I was surprised to see that the power consumption has barely changed. That power ...

Go to advanced search