FWIW, this is not specific to vscode. I can get the same behavior in IntelliJ as well. This is a video from an intellij session where I actually crashed the game (no dap log captured here, need to figure out how the intellij dap adapter does that).
As this is not from vscode, I don't expect this to ...
Search found 244 matches
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:30 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: [2.1.20] Debugger jumps forward when changing breakpoints
- Replies: 1
- Views: 153
- Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:24 pm
- Forum: Bug Reports
- Topic: [2.1.20] Debugger jumps forward when changing breakpoints
- Replies: 1
- Views: 153
[2.1.20] Debugger jumps forward when changing breakpoints
When debugging code, sometimes execution jumps forward while adding or removing breakpoints. The behavior is not deterministic, I seen it most with breakpoints in early runtime stage (on_init, on_load, on_configuration_changed).
attached is a video, game log and dap log from a session where this ...
attached is a video, game log and dap log from a session where this ...
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:39 pm
- Forum: News
- Topic: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
- Replies: 45
- Views: 7881
Re: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
Amazing, thank you!
Now, combinators! We need combinators. And (I guess it is controversial because you live in the home town of prusa), any chance to get colored .3mf files? I can see people starting to recolor those but with real multicolor printing starting to become real, it would be great to ...
Now, combinators! We need combinators. And (I guess it is controversial because you live in the home town of prusa), any chance to get colored .3mf files? I can see people starting to recolor those but with real multicolor printing starting to become real, it would be great to ...
- Wed Sep 23, 2026 5:33 am
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: [2.1.20] Allow hiding the "Surface List" GUI when remote viewing
- Replies: 2
- Views: 196
Re: [2.1.20] Allow hiding the "Surface List" GUI when remote viewing
Thanks for pointing this out; as this is per-player it might work for me (need to test it).Osmo wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2026 1:38 am This already exists as part of game view settings https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/con ... rface_list
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 11:55 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: [2.1.20] Allow hiding the "Surface List" GUI when remote viewing
- Replies: 2
- Views: 196
[2.1.20] Allow hiding the "Surface List" GUI when remote viewing
(this is very loosely related to the "Allow placing GUI elements relative to the "Surface List" GUI" threads)
I have a mod where clicking on an entity may bring you to a remote view of a specific surface. I only want to show that surface and not allow navigating away. But I can't see a way to turn ...
I have a mod where clicking on an entity may bring you to a remote view of a specific surface. I only want to show that surface and not allow navigating away. But I can't see a way to turn ...
- Tue Sep 15, 2026 5:38 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: god controller inventory
- Replies: 0
- Views: 143
god controller inventory
(I have done some research and looked at the various threads over the years about the various controllers inventory but have not found a good answer)
Scenario: I have an entity that, when clicked, opens a different surface to allow building. Similar to what Factorissimo does. That gives me three ...
Scenario: I have an entity that, when clicked, opens a different surface to allow building. Similar to what Factorissimo does. That gives me three ...
- Tue Sep 15, 2026 4:54 pm
- Forum: Won't implement
- Topic: [2.1.17] Add type to BuildEntityTechnologyTrigger
- Replies: 3
- Views: 283
Re: [2.1.17] Add type to BuildEntityTechnologyTrigger
It took me a bit to understand how this jumped to locale. If I understand you correctly, this is because there can be "hidden" entities of a specific type and if they get built, you would need the locale to display the "technology researched" message, right?
Anyway, thanks for explaining; the ...
Anyway, thanks for explaining; the ...
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 9:57 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Limit craftable items temporarily
- Replies: 1
- Views: 187
Limit craftable items temporarily
I am playing around with a mod that moves a player temporarily to a different surface in god mode. In that situation, I want the player only to be able to craft a few specific items, not everything that they have researched.
I was looking into ways to temporarily restrict which items can be ...
I was looking into ways to temporarily restrict which items can be ...
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 8:38 pm
- Forum: Won't implement
- Topic: [2.1.17] Add type to BuildEntityTechnologyTrigger
- Replies: 3
- Views: 283
[2.1.17] Add type to BuildEntityTechnologyTrigger
currently, a technology can be unlocked by building a specific entity. This leads to problems if e.g. the unlock is by building a roboport but some mod have changed the available roboport types (and removed the default game roboport).
It should be possible to unlock a technology by building ...
It should be possible to unlock a technology by building ...
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 8:27 pm
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.17] Hidden Technology becomes visible once it is triggered
- Replies: 3
- Views: 778
Re: [2.1.17] Hidden Technology becomes visible once it is triggered
- Place the attached "Warehousing_1.1.1.zip" in your mods folder.
- Load the attached "hidden test" map. This should contain only the base game, the Warehousing mod and EditorExtensions
- Open the tech tree and look for Warehousing. There should be the base Warehousing researched and two logistics ...
- Load the attached "hidden test" map. This should contain only the base game, the Warehousing mod and EditorExtensions
- Open the tech tree and look for Warehousing. There should be the base Warehousing researched and two logistics ...
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 9:31 pm
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.17] Debugger does not load correct source file when stepping
- Replies: 7
- Views: 757
Re: [2.1.17] Debugger does not load correct source file when stepping
Factorio 2.1.17
FMTK 2.1.9
VSCode 1.136.1
- clone https://github.com/hgschmie/factorio-miniloader-redux.git into "miniloader-redux" in your mod folder. Checkout the 2.2.1 tag
- open the mod code in vscode.
- put a breakpoint on line 178 in scripts/event-setup.lua
- create a new game under the ...
FMTK 2.1.9
VSCode 1.136.1
- clone https://github.com/hgschmie/factorio-miniloader-redux.git into "miniloader-redux" in your mod folder. Checkout the 2.2.1 tag
- open the mod code in vscode.
- put a breakpoint on line 178 in scripts/event-setup.lua
- create a new game under the ...
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 8:21 pm
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.17] Debugger does not load correct source file when stepping
- Replies: 7
- Views: 757
Re: [2.1.17] Debugger does not load correct source file when stepping
Tell me what you need and I can provide it. I can do a full screen video if needed. It is one of two issues I have with FMTK right now.
The log is from the session where I took the screenshots. If you say it does not match, maybe that is the problem.
The log is from the session where I took the screenshots. If you say it does not match, maybe that is the problem.
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 5:31 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: How to make a mod bugfix for 2.0 after releasing a 2.1 version?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 245
Re: How to make a mod bugfix for 2.0 after releasing a 2.1 version?
The portal is just a list of releases. It shows the latest release in the changelog bit you can release in any order. I do it all the time. E.g. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/electric- ... /downloads
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 7:21 am
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.17] Debugger does not load correct source file when stepping
- Replies: 7
- Views: 757
[2.1.17] Debugger does not load correct source file when stepping
FMTK 2.1.9
Stepping (using F7) through a mod. After receiving a `on_pre_player_mined_item` event, the debugger stops on this breakpoint:
Screenshot 2026-09-04 at 23.59.46.png
This code lives in "scripts/controller.lua", lines 233-241:
Screenshot 2026-09-05 at 00.00.06.png
Pressing F7 should ...
Stepping (using F7) through a mod. After receiving a `on_pre_player_mined_item` event, the debugger stops on this breakpoint:
Screenshot 2026-09-04 at 23.59.46.png
This code lives in "scripts/controller.lua", lines 233-241:
Screenshot 2026-09-05 at 00.00.06.png
Pressing F7 should ...
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 6:54 am
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: [2.1.17] Can't modify variables when debugging
- Replies: 1
- Views: 200
[2.1.17] Can't modify variables when debugging
It used to be possible to modify the values of variables (locals, globals etc.) in the debugger by right-clicking in the Variables section in vscode. Using FMTK 2.1.9 and Factorio 2.1.17 however, it looks like this:
Screenshot 2026-09-04 at 23.53.23.png
It is still possible to do so in the Debug ...
Screenshot 2026-09-04 at 23.53.23.png
It is still possible to do so in the Debug ...
- Fri Sep 04, 2026 2:16 pm
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: [2.1.17] BuildEntityFilter only matches on entity name
- Replies: 2
- Views: 252
Re: [2.1.17] BuildEntityFilter only matches on entity name
Probably should be a modding request (add an entity_type field).
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 10:48 pm
- Forum: Not a bug
- Topic: [2.1.17] BuildEntityFilter only matches on entity name
- Replies: 2
- Views: 252
[2.1.17] BuildEntityFilter only matches on entity name
I can unlock a technology by requiring the user to build a specific entity, but I can not do so on a specific entity type. This may lead to soft-locks if e.g. a trigger depends on "roboport" but some mod removed roboport and replaced them with "foo-roboport". It would be nice if BuildEntityFilter ...
- Thu Sep 03, 2026 10:43 pm
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.17] Hidden Technology becomes visible once it is triggered
- Replies: 3
- Views: 778
[2.1.17] Hidden Technology becomes visible once it is triggered
Consider this technology prototype:
{
type = "technology",
name = "secret-gate",
hidden = true,
research_trigger = {
type = "build-entity",
entity = "roboport"
}
}
This works fine and the technology is not visible in the tech tree (so I can have other technology depend on it which in ...
{
type = "technology",
name = "secret-gate",
hidden = true,
research_trigger = {
type = "build-entity",
entity = "roboport"
}
}
This works fine and the technology is not visible in the tech tree (so I can have other technology depend on it which in ...
- Thu Aug 27, 2026 4:00 am
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.14] Crash under debugger, reproducible
- Replies: 6
- Views: 700
Re: [2.1.14] Crash under debugger, reproducible
Did this fix make it into 2.1.17? There was no mentioning of it in the release notes.
- Tue Aug 25, 2026 8:54 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: [2.1.16] CircuitConnectorSprites rendering
- Replies: 0
- Views: 166
[2.1.16] CircuitConnectorSprites rendering
First thank you for adding this to 2.1.15! For the first time, I am able to draw the connectors for my miniloaders correctly by moving the connectors to the right layer!
However, it seems that the shadows don't move with them.
Screenshot 2026-08-25 at 13.52.03.png
local inserter_connector ...
However, it seems that the shadows don't move with them.
Screenshot 2026-08-25 at 13.52.03.png
local inserter_connector ...