Search found 67 matches
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 8:08 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: How to make a mod bugfix for 2.0 after releasing a 2.1 version?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 245
Re: How to make a mod bugfix for 2.0 after releasing a 2.1 version?
Thank you. I wasn't expecting it to just work like that.
- Sat Sep 05, 2026 3:43 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: How to make a mod bugfix for 2.0 after releasing a 2.1 version?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 245
How to make a mod bugfix for 2.0 after releasing a 2.1 version?
Mod versioning is designed for a linear sequence of releases, but currently people are using both Factorio 2.0 and Factorio 2.1.
When a mod has been released for 2.0 and 2.1, and a bugfix release is needed for 2.0, how can we put the bugfix on the mod portal?
When a mod has been released for 2.0 and 2.1, and a bugfix release is needed for 2.0, how can we put the bugfix on the mod portal?
- Thu Aug 20, 2026 5:16 pm
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Why does train return to disabled station?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 777
Re: Why does train return to disabled station?
The attached save has the train setup that I described, and you can see it always returning to the same station.
- Thu Aug 20, 2026 5:15 pm
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Why does train return to disabled station?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 777
Why does train return to disabled station?
I have a problem where a train keeps leaving and returning to the same station, even though that station is disabled. Can someone explain what is happening?
This train carries the Ultracube mod's special cube to any available station named "Use". Station availability is controlled by setting train ...
This train carries the Ultracube mod's special cube to any available station named "Use". Station availability is controlled by setting train ...
- Fri Aug 14, 2026 3:48 am
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.1.13
- Replies: 41
- Views: 17109
Re: Version 2.1.13
What is LuaEntity::local_effect? From the description, I guess it is a per-entity Effect that is set by scripts.
- Fri Aug 14, 2026 3:42 am
- Forum: This Forum
- Topic: Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
- Replies: 5
- Views: 895
Re: Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
I see, I appreciate the explanation.
- Mon Aug 10, 2026 7:57 pm
- Forum: This Forum
- Topic: Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
- Replies: 5
- Views: 895
Forum bug: Login fails with "The submitted form was invalid"
Forum login was broken yesterday for at least several hours. Login produced the error "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", reproducibly, on 3 different browsers. Today, login worked normally.
I ask that the forum maintainers look into the bug. Naturally I can't post while the ...
I ask that the forum maintainers look into the bug. Naturally I can't post while the ...
- Mon Aug 03, 2026 10:10 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Visual indication of radar network connection
- Replies: 1
- Views: 357
Visual indication of radar network connection
TL;DR
Indicate signal connections between radars in map view.
What?
Show in map view that radars are connected to the same signal network. Preferably, visibility could be toggled. It could use the same graphics as logistic connections (the dashed lines between roboports).
Ideally connections ...
Indicate signal connections between radars in map view.
What?
Show in map view that radars are connected to the same signal network. Preferably, visibility could be toggled. It could use the same graphics as logistic connections (the dashed lines between roboports).
Ideally connections ...
- Tue Jul 28, 2026 5:08 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Tuning the power output of a reactor using fluid temperature
- Replies: 1
- Views: 260
Re: Tuning the power output of a reactor using fluid temperature
I had put effectivity in the wrong part of the prototype, so it was being ignored.
- Mon Jul 27, 2026 6:25 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Tuning the power output of a reactor using fluid temperature
- Replies: 1
- Views: 260
Tuning the power output of a reactor using fluid temperature
I'm changing a solar thermal power mod to use a fluid power source internally. I'm trying to make its power output match the original power output, and I don't understand the result that I'm seeing.
I changed solar thermal collectors to be a reactor with a fluid energy source. The fluid is internal ...
I changed solar thermal collectors to be a reactor with a fluid energy source. The fluid is internal ...
- Sat Jul 04, 2026 12:55 am
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: More prototype flags for the new features.
- Replies: 6
- Views: 781
Re: More prototype flags for the new features.
+1 I would like to have a radar prototype flag to disable global transmissions, making them like Factorio 2.0 radars. This would keep the radar capabilities that old mods were balanced around.
- Fri Jun 19, 2026 8:36 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Event to notify when fluid segments are created or destroyed
- Replies: 0
- Views: 191
Event to notify when fluid segments are created or destroyed
Please make an event that is sent when a fluid segment has been created or destroyed, with enough information so that mods can find which entities are affected.
This is so that mods can watch the contents of pipes. Call a Plumber does this by periodically checking contents of individual entities ...
This is so that mods can watch the contents of pipes. Call a Plumber does this by periodically checking contents of individual entities ...
- Fri Jun 19, 2026 7:05 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Define Primary Recipe on Item / Fluid
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3005
Re: Define Primary Recipe on Item / Fluid
+1
Nullius changed many prototype names to improve the way things look in factoriopedia. I would like the ability to control whether items are linked without using prototype names.
Nullius changed many prototype names to improve the way things look in factoriopedia. I would like the ability to control whether items are linked without using prototype names.
- Sat Jun 13, 2026 7:45 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Allow exoskeleton equipment to boost locomotive speed
- Replies: 1
- Views: 297
Allow exoskeleton equipment to boost locomotive speed
I would like movement bonus equipment (exoskeleton) to give a bonus to the max speed of locomotives, configurable in the prototype. Currently it gives a bonus to acceleration only. Acceleration's utility is fairly minor since trains spend most of their time at max speed.
While this has been ...
While this has been ...
- Mon Jun 08, 2026 3:19 am
- Forum: Logistic Train Network
- Topic: LTN 2.7.0 bug: scheduler uses item count instead of priority
- Replies: 4
- Views: 839
Re: LTN 2.7.0 bug: scheduler uses item count instead of priority
Thank you for pointing that out. I did miss the difference between the priority fields.
- Sun May 24, 2026 11:00 pm
- Forum: Logistic Train Network
- Topic: LTN 2.7.0 bug: scheduler uses item count instead of priority
- Replies: 4
- Views: 839
Re: LTN 2.7.0 bug: scheduler uses item count instead of priority
Alright, I've added it as a bug on github.
- Wed May 20, 2026 6:08 pm
- Forum: Logistic Train Network
- Topic: LTN 2.7.0 bug: scheduler uses item count instead of priority
- Replies: 4
- Views: 839
LTN 2.7.0 bug: scheduler uses item count instead of priority
When LTN chooses a provider station, it ignores priority and chooses the provider with the largest item count. I believe that LTN should choose the highest-priority provider that can fulfill a request.
I found this bug because my factory had a station for recycling byproducts that was never being ...
I found this bug because my factory had a station for recycling byproducts that was never being ...
- Sat May 09, 2026 3:08 am
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Hide player UI for menu simulations
- Replies: 5
- Views: 779
Re: Hide player UI for menu simulations
I saved the game after hiding the quickbar and everything else: https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/concepts/GameViewSettings.html#show_quickbar
This part of the API doesn't seem to control GUI elements created by mods. I tried it out in the editor and it could hide almost everything. The Bob's ...
- Fri May 08, 2026 6:46 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Hide player UI for menu simulations
- Replies: 5
- Views: 779
Re: Hide player UI for menu simulations
Creating a test player in sim.init using game.simulation.create_test_player{name="test"} doesn't seem to do anything. I couldn't find any examples that use this function, so I may be using it incorrectly.
- Fri May 08, 2026 4:00 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Hide player UI for menu simulations
- Replies: 5
- Views: 779
Hide player UI for menu simulations
I saved a game and used it as a menu simulation. The menu simulation shows the quickbar and other player UI, which I don't want. How can I hide the UI?
This post says the solution is to save in editor mode, but I don't know how to do that.
This post says the solution is to save in editor mode, but I don't know how to do that.