Search found 33 matches
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 3:07 am
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Custom mod category or-hand-crafting
- Replies: 3
- Views: 257
Re: Custom mod category or-hand-crafting
I believe the recipes a player can craft is based on character's prototype's crafting_categories . Usually, that's data.raw.character.character.crafting_categories, I think. Adding your category to that table should do it?
Not sure where a player without a character gets their recipe list from ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 2:41 am
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: How do I remove something and everything that refers to it without having to do it all manually?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 366
Re: How do I remove something and everything that refers to it without having to do it all manually?
I appreciate the tip about the prototype explorer! This will be very helpful.
Using that, I can see the "item-group" prototype "intermediate-products" has both hidden and hidden_in_factoriopedia as true.
Looking at other item groups (such as Logistics), these values are false.
But also the ...
Using that, I can see the "item-group" prototype "intermediate-products" has both hidden and hidden_in_factoriopedia as true.
Looking at other item groups (such as Logistics), these values are false.
But also the ...
- Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:45 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Custom mod category or-hand-crafting
- Replies: 3
- Views: 257
Custom mod category or-hand-crafting
My mod introduces a new entity of type "assembling-machine". This entity's crafting_categories is set to {"custom-test"}, a crafting category my mod defines. The modded assembler is otherwise a clone of assembling-machine-1.
My modded assembler works correctly. The only recipes that appear in its ...
My modded assembler works correctly. The only recipes that appear in its ...
- Mon Sep 21, 2026 8:55 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: How do I remove something and everything that refers to it without having to do it all manually?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 366
Re: How do I remove something and everything that refers to it without having to do it all manually?
simply set the hidden , as well as hidden_in_factoriopedia properties to true instead of deleting the prototypes
https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/prototypes/PrototypeBase.html#hidden
Thank you for reply.
I must be doing something wrong. I tried:
data.raw["item-group"]["intermediate ...
- Sat Sep 19, 2026 7:43 pm
- Forum: This Forum
- Topic: Slow load times and frequent 502 on forums only.
- Replies: 0
- Views: 453
Slow load times and frequent 502 on forums only.
Over the past hour or so, forum pages have been loading more and more slowly for me. They occasionally fail with a 502 cloudflare error, indicating factorio.com (rather than cloudflare) is the issue. This occurs whether logged in or not.
Mod portal pages seem to load quickly and consistently. Only ...
Mod portal pages seem to load quickly and consistently. Only ...
- Sat Sep 19, 2026 6:57 pm
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: How do I remove something and everything that refers to it without having to do it all manually?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 366
How do I remove something and everything that refers to it without having to do it all manually?
Or: How do I wildcard repetitive data.raw rules?
I am working on a mod in which all Intermediate items and crafting recipes will have no use, because every recipe that would use them will use items added by my mod instead, which I am splitting across their own crafting tabs. I have already found a ...
I am working on a mod in which all Intermediate items and crafting recipes will have no use, because every recipe that would use them will use items added by my mod instead, which I am splitting across their own crafting tabs. I have already found a ...
- Sun May 03, 2026 11:21 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Isn't it weird that there are no talks/posts/discussions about 2.1?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 4988
Re: Isn't it weird that there are no talks/posts/discussions about 2.1?
What do you mean by this?Panzerknacker wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2026 5:29 am Nuking the brilliant fluid system in the last minute before 2.0 release was imo the worst decision made in the game's history.
- Sun May 03, 2026 11:16 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: New combinator logic: Output any TRUE condition as 1
- Replies: 3
- Views: 836
New combinator logic: Output any TRUE condition as 1
Thanks to the new logic in combinators, it is possible for one combinator to have multiple conditions. In theory, this should allow one combinator to perform a function previously performed by many.
I am looking for a way to have a single combinator set filters on an inserter, where the filters are ...
I am looking for a way to have a single combinator set filters on an inserter, where the filters are ...
- Wed Apr 08, 2026 6:45 am
- Forum: Ideas and Requests For Mods
- Topic: Promethium Science Wild Card Mod
- Replies: 1
- Views: 702
Re: Promethium Science Wild Card Mod
Doing this as elegantly as you want (having the lab read promethium science as any science pack) would require more scripting knowledge than I (and presumably you) lack.
However, a less elegant solution would be to have crafting promethium science also unlock recipes to craft promethium science ...
However, a less elegant solution would be to have crafting promethium science also unlock recipes to craft promethium science ...
- Wed Apr 08, 2026 5:37 am
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Change "cannot be crafted in this machine" error to be more specific.
- Replies: 0
- Views: 467
Change "cannot be crafted in this machine" error to be more specific.
As discussed in this thread .
Entities belonging to the "assembling-machine" prototype can show an unspecific error on recipes: "cannot be crafted in this machine".
I saw this error while developing a mod adding recipes with more input or output fluids than the machine in question (in this case ...
Entities belonging to the "assembling-machine" prototype can show an unspecific error on recipes: "cannot be crafted in this machine".
I saw this error while developing a mod adding recipes with more input or output fluids than the machine in question (in this case ...
- Wed Apr 08, 2026 5:27 am
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Making foundry input and output pipes generic
- Replies: 2
- Views: 661
Re: Making foundry input and output pipes generic
You just need to extend the Foundry to include the additional 2 Input/Output fluid boxes; which it sounds like you have already done. :-) The drawback is that you are not be able to do 4 Fluid In + 2 Fluid Out without a custom pipe-graphics patch, because Foundries only have 4 "points" to connect ...
- Tue Apr 07, 2026 11:07 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Why arent there left hand traffic trains
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3682
Re: Why arent there left hand traffic trains
I swear we used to have an option for left-hand rail. I've gone looking for it but cannot find it.
Am I mixing this up with another game? Is the option gone now?
The game you are thinking of is OpenTTD, which does have a setting to swap the side the signals are on, making LHD setups mirror ...
- Tue Apr 07, 2026 11:05 am
- Forum: Modding help
- Topic: Making foundry input and output pipes generic
- Replies: 2
- Views: 661
Making foundry input and output pipes generic
I am developing a mod that introduces new metallurgical recipes, crafted in a foundry. Some of these recipes have three input or output fluids. One has four input fluids (and an item output).
It seems the foundry is set up so that cannot happen. The recipes appear in the foundry recipe selection ...
It seems the foundry is set up so that cannot happen. The recipes appear in the foundry recipe selection ...
- Wed Dec 24, 2025 9:09 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Enabling "set recipe" causes assembler to constantly change: How do I stop that?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1685
Re: Enabling "set recipe" causes assembler to constantly change: How do I stop that?
I appreciate the attempt to help, but I think this is beyond my ken.
I struggled understand how this system works, and what each condition does in practice. I thought the best thing to do would be to re-create the given example. This is convenient for me in any case, as it seems to do what I have ...
I struggled understand how this system works, and what each condition does in practice. I thought the best thing to do would be to re-create the given example. This is convenient for me in any case, as it seems to do what I have ...
- Tue Dec 23, 2025 8:45 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Enabling "set recipe" causes assembler to constantly change: How do I stop that?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1685
Re: Enabling "set recipe" causes assembler to constantly change: How do I stop that?
So that's why the combinator interface changed! We can put multiple conditions in one combinator now!
Thanks for the link. I'm going to spend some time reading that tutorial and see if I can make use of it.
Thanks for the link. I'm going to spend some time reading that tutorial and see if I can make use of it.
- Tue Dec 23, 2025 7:18 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Enabling "set recipe" causes assembler to constantly change: How do I stop that?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1685
Enabling "set recipe" causes assembler to constantly change: How do I stop that?
I've tried this as many different ways as I can think of.
Attempt one:
I have a combinator reading from the space station hub.
INPUT: Copper Wire < 3
OUTPUT Copper Wire: 1
The output is hooked to an assembler with "set recipe" enabled.
I have another combinator reading from the space station hub ...
Attempt one:
I have a combinator reading from the space station hub.
INPUT: Copper Wire < 3
OUTPUT Copper Wire: 1
The output is hooked to an assembler with "set recipe" enabled.
I have another combinator reading from the space station hub ...
- Wed Dec 17, 2025 8:26 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Simple Questions and Short Answers
- Replies: 2130
- Views: 1258889
Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers
Thanks, that explains it! They did seem to come out of no-where. I hadn't noticed they were coming from the Strafers. If they're projectiles, it makes sense I cannot target them. We cannot target other player's rockets in PvP either.
Honestly, knowing they're not an enemy type of their own is a ...
Honestly, knowing they're not an enemy type of their own is a ...
- Wed Dec 17, 2025 6:06 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: Why arent there left hand traffic trains
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3682
Re: Why arent there left hand traffic trains
I swear we used to have an option for left-hand rail. I've gone looking for it but cannot find it.
Am I mixing this up with another game? Is the option gone now?
Am I mixing this up with another game? Is the option gone now?
- Wed Dec 17, 2025 4:09 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Simple Questions and Short Answers
- Replies: 2130
- Views: 1258889
Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers
Hopefully a simple enough question for this thread.
I've encountered some flying enemies on Gleba.
I have lasers in my power armour. They target the big, ground-based creatures, and the little starfish, but always ignore the flying bee-like creatures.
Even when everything else is dead or I've ...
I've encountered some flying enemies on Gleba.
I have lasers in my power armour. They target the big, ground-based creatures, and the little starfish, but always ignore the flying bee-like creatures.
Even when everything else is dead or I've ...
- Mon Aug 25, 2025 8:40 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Is it possible to update to 2.0 in parts?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2123
Re: Is it possible to update to 2.0 in parts?
If you download Space Age from the Factorio website, it includes the whole game. It's not just the extension, it's the full game, so you don't need to first update the base game.
So it does, how convenient! I thought Space Age only included the expansion content, and I'd have to update Factorio ...