It's been a long time since a blog post (any blog post, or any media really in fact) has made me squeal with such delight! I saw the first models and I was instantly going "I want it! I want it! I want it!"
I've been playing factorio since the alpha days, and my passion and love of the game has ...
Search found 87 matches
- Fri Sep 25, 2026 2:22 pm
- Forum: News
- Topic: Friday Facts #447 - Factorio that you can touch
- Replies: 45
- Views: 8025
- Fri Aug 21, 2026 2:58 am
- Forum: PyMods
- Topic: minor bug - crash in tips and tricks
- Replies: 1
- Views: 233
minor bug - crash in tips and tricks
I have discovered a minor bug while playing with the py's suite of mods!
In the tips and tricks, the 'circuit network' scenario crashes (thankfully on the tips and tricks window crashes and not the entire game).
The crash occurs precisely when the box for the condition on the lamp is selected ...
In the tips and tricks, the 'circuit network' scenario crashes (thankfully on the tips and tricks window crashes and not the entire game).
The crash occurs precisely when the box for the condition on the lamp is selected ...
- Fri Jul 31, 2026 12:21 pm
- Forum: Show your Creations
- Topic: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
- Replies: 22
- Views: 44618
Re: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
Oh yeah! Also, my brain system has been updated a couple times since I posted the BP of my ship here.
If you want an updated version of the space crusher system, check out my other post ( https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=121434 ) and grab the last BP in there.
The new version is ...
If you want an updated version of the space crusher system, check out my other post ( https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=193&t=121434 ) and grab the last BP in there.
The new version is ...
- Wed Jul 29, 2026 11:11 pm
- Forum: Show your Creations
- Topic: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
- Replies: 22
- Views: 44618
Re: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
I was studying your ship and finally i've been able to build it, but how do you managed to make it start the thrusting? i saw i need 2 Check Signals to trasnfer the fluids to the thrusters, but can't manage to find the 2nd one
It's been a while since I used the ship, but if I recall correctly ...
- Fri Jun 05, 2026 4:24 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Upgrade recipes with Upgrade Planner (Quality !)
- Replies: 12
- Views: 7076
Re: Upgrade recipes with Upgrade Planner (Quality !)
yeah, that sounds about right! Splitter filter was only 'quality X and above' or 'item of specific quality/any quality' last I played factorio.
to do 'quality X and above for specific item', you could stack two splitters one right after the other, but like, that feels jank.. (though taking a look ...
to do 'quality X and above for specific item', you could stack two splitters one right after the other, but like, that feels jank.. (though taking a look ...
- Fri Jun 05, 2026 3:43 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Upgrade recipes with Upgrade Planner (Quality !)
- Replies: 12
- Views: 7076
Re: Upgrade recipes with Upgrade Planner (Quality !)
So, I genuinely forget if you can hook splitters up to circuits (I think you can?), but I do know for sure that with filter splitters, you can do *X quality and better*.
- Sun Nov 09, 2025 11:10 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Ability to craft lower quality with higher quality
- Replies: 183
- Views: 100206
Re: Ability to craft lower quality with higher quality
Me getting the notification from the latest response reminded me of this thread, and, as it's been a while since I've thought about the problem, I propose a different solution:
Instead of allowing for items of different qualities to be inserted into a machine, what if we instead limited the output ...
Instead of allowing for items of different qualities to be inserted into a machine, what if we instead limited the output ...
- Sat Sep 20, 2025 4:56 pm
- Forum: Combinator Creations
- Topic: Signal Recorder for Debugging
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1958
Re: Signal Recorder for Debugging
Instead of making a recorder like this, I make a save then enter editor mode and test my combinator setup by advancing 1 tick at a time, checking the states of all the combinators that I need to verify and making adjustments to the inputs etc for a full test.
If I need to make edits, I make my ...
If I need to make edits, I make my ...
- Mon Sep 08, 2025 1:56 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Multiple qualities of ammo in a single turret, "Out of ammo" notification options
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3048
Re: Multiple qualities of ammo in a single turret, "Out of ammo" notification options
it is optimal to use random quality ammo
'optimal' is a strange term since it changes with your goal. Producing quality ammo reduces the total amount of resources you need to craft said ammo*. However, in space you have infinite resources. So, the only reason to use quality ammo in space IMO is ...
- Fri Aug 29, 2025 3:49 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Parameters for Module Slots
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2213
Re: Parameters for Module Slots
Coming in to give this a late +1
Brought in my end game upcycler build which uses legendary quality modules, but in my current run I don't have many of those yet, so I want to be able to change the modules as a parameter.
Brought in my end game upcycler build which uses legendary quality modules, but in my current run I don't have many of those yet, so I want to be able to change the modules as a parameter.
- Mon Aug 18, 2025 3:40 am
- Forum: Combinator Creations
- Topic: All your space crusher needs with only 3 crushers!
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6324
Re: All your space crusher needs with only 3 crushers!
It's been almost a year since I originally posted this (wow!) and I recently re-opened factorio to play some modded planets (probably a bad idea considering how addictive this game is..)
Anyway, on to the point!
I took another look at my brain system here after noticing some jank with it and oh boy ...
Anyway, on to the point!
I took another look at my brain system here after noticing some jank with it and oh boy ...
- Fri Aug 15, 2025 5:14 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Please add a button to add a new blueprint parameter variable
- Replies: 60
- Views: 40283
Re: Please add a button to add a new blueprint parameter variable
Here to give a +1 to this as well!
Would've given it my +1 earlier, but I just haven't done much with the variables/formulas in parameterized blueprints until today.
Was genuinely confused for a little bit, wondering if I just couldn't find the button to add a new variable..
Guess it's time to ...
Would've given it my +1 earlier, but I just haven't done much with the variables/formulas in parameterized blueprints until today.
Was genuinely confused for a little bit, wondering if I just couldn't find the button to add a new variable..
Guess it's time to ...
- Wed Jul 23, 2025 11:29 pm
- Forum: Show your Creations
- Topic: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
- Replies: 22
- Views: 44618
Re: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
Ahh, I see. Thanks for showing the hub conditions - that was probably from an older design. The hub should be looking for the check to equal 1 AFAIK. (Might have been different in the posted design, but when I looked at the ship earlier today, the hub was looking for the check to be 1).
I might've ...
I might've ...
- Wed Jul 23, 2025 7:36 pm
- Forum: Show your Creations
- Topic: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
- Replies: 22
- Views: 44618
Re: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
First off, thanks for trying out my ship! Means a lot to me that others are using my designs! (though I'd still encourage you to try to figure out a working design on your own, as that's what I enjoy in the game! Play the way you have fun though! That's most important!)
Anyway, yes, there certainly ...
Anyway, yes, there certainly ...
- Wed Feb 12, 2025 7:06 pm
- Forum: Show your Creations
- Topic: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
- Replies: 22
- Views: 44618
Re: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
Prometheum (as well as all the asteroid chunks) have a stack size of 1. This means that even a stack/bulk inserted can only hold 1 chunk at a time.
To increase my prometheum storage, Iβd have to make the ship longer to fit in more belts.
However, storing prometheum inside the asteroid collector ...
To increase my prometheum storage, Iβd have to make the ship longer to fit in more belts.
However, storing prometheum inside the asteroid collector ...
- Sun Dec 22, 2024 10:00 pm
- Forum: Show your Creations
- Topic: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
- Replies: 22
- Views: 44618
Re: Ships that can get to the shattered planet
...
Well.. that certainly is a spaghetti abomination.. :shock:
It took me quite the analyzing just to comprehend how the belts worked, and a lot of it is still a mystery to me!
If I were in charge of naming that ship, I'd call it "the flying spaghetti monster" (or something along those lines ...
- Fri Dec 20, 2024 6:34 pm
- Forum: Balancing
- Topic: Rocket weight capacity
- Replies: 11
- Views: 12128
Re: Rocket weight capacity
Maybe quality could decrease weight, legendary halving weight seems appropriate and not overkill.
Quality items by their very nature are denser. What I mean by this is, for example, a single legendary crusher (unbeaconed/unmoduled) performs the duty of 2.5 common crushers since it has a ...
- Sat Dec 14, 2024 3:33 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: [2.0.23] Gleba lag caused by animated water
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2064
Re: [2.0.23] Gleba lag caused by animated water
Extra update: checked on the server, and I'm experiencing no lag on Gleba any more.
Should be safe to say that updating my drivers fixed it!
Thanks again for the advice!
Should be safe to say that updating my drivers fixed it!
Thanks again for the advice!
- Fri Dec 13, 2024 4:33 am
- Forum: Duplicates
- Topic: [2.0.22] Travel source/destination icons don't change on shattered planet fly condition.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 3461
Re: [2.0.22] Travel source/destination icons don't change on shattered planet fly condition.
I just stumbled into this issue in 2.0.23.
Really confused me for a minute cause I was like "I have not been flying for 18 hours, I should not be anywhere close to the shattered planet".
Not sure what exactly caused it, but I'd guess being focused on the ship when the shattered planet fly ...
Really confused me for a minute cause I was like "I have not been flying for 18 hours, I should not be anywhere close to the shattered planet".
Not sure what exactly caused it, but I'd guess being focused on the ship when the shattered planet fly ...
- Thu Dec 12, 2024 7:08 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: [2.0.23] Gleba lag caused by animated water
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2064
Re: [2.0.23] Gleba lag caused by animated water
I had uhh, not realized that driver updates were a thing.. (hadn't thought of it, and the notifications to tell me about them were disabled. Not sure if that's a default thing or if I changed it at some point.. The checkbox is certainly ticked now though!).
In any event, I updated my drivers to ...
In any event, I updated my drivers to ...