Search found 455 matches
- Wed Sep 23, 2026 9:09 am
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.1.20
- Replies: 14
- Views: 9710
Re: Version 2.1.20
I was trying to make SpaceLocationPrototype able to depend on another location but that adds complexity on factorio side (resolving chains of parent locations and throwing an error if loop is detected) and creates some extra problems for mods if they want to compute position of a space location ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 4:07 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4557
Re: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
Okay, this is not fixed by 2.1.20, but an alternative has been provided and in some way it can be better used since it permit more liberty:
Added SpaceLocationPrototype::origin
Added SpaceConnectionPrototype::shape
Added SpaceConnectionPrototype::origin
09-22-2026, 17-53-39.png
I tested ...
Added SpaceLocationPrototype::origin
Added SpaceConnectionPrototype::shape
Added SpaceConnectionPrototype::origin
09-22-2026, 17-53-39.png
I tested ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:59 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.1.20
- Replies: 14
- Views: 9710
Re: Version 2.1.20
For SpaceLocationPrototype, origin sets where center of the orbit is and where distance/orientation puts the planet. For SpaceConnectionPrototype, origin is only used by shape="arc" as a center point. (oh no, i failed to update docs for distance/orientation, it is still referencing the sun ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:57 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.1.20
- Replies: 14
- Views: 9710
Re: Version 2.1.20
I was trying to make SpaceLocationPrototype able to depend on another location but that adds complexity on factorio side (resolving chains of parent locations and throwing an error if loop is detected) and creates some extra problems for mods if they want to compute position of a space location ...
- Tue Sep 22, 2026 12:12 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.1.20
- Replies: 14
- Views: 9710
Re: Version 2.1.20
This is not SpaceLocationPrototype::parent, but to what it looks like it seems that it would work the same wayAdded SpaceConnectionPrototype::shape.
Added SpaceConnectionPrototype::origin.
Added SpaceLocationPrototype::origin.
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 7:52 pm
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: Some entities with tall don't get translucent
- Replies: 5
- Views: 732
Re: Some entities with tall don't get translucent
I think this is it, in that case items doesn't have to fade, for comparison, train doesn't fade until they are sufficiently on the ramp, which is the thing I think would be expected.
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 9:37 am
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: Some entities with tall don't get translucent
- Replies: 5
- Views: 732
Re: Some entities with tall don't get translucent
I understand that the belt part (and item on top) are tricky to make transparent, can at least the structure part be transparent ?
I think that any modder that tell the entity to be tall has similar assumption.
I think that any modder that tell the entity to be tall has similar assumption.
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 8:38 am
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: Some entities with tall don't get translucent
- Replies: 5
- Views: 732
Some entities with tall don't get translucent
I'm making a mod for elevated logistics, I've defined a belt-ramp which is a linked-belt and tall
when using the toggle visibility of tall entities, the belt-ramp became unselectable which is expected, but doesn't get translucent.
It's expected that an entity which is tall would get translucent ...
when using the toggle visibility of tall entities, the belt-ramp became unselectable which is expected, but doesn't get translucent.
It's expected that an entity which is tall would get translucent ...
- Sun Sep 20, 2026 8:00 am
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: rotation/variations for selection box
- Replies: 1
- Views: 165
rotation/variations for selection box
I'm making an elevated entity that is above ground and have 4 directions, I want to do things like elevated rails but with a "simple-entity-with-force"
Problem:
selection box rotate are only defined once and rotate with the entity
selection_box = { { -0.5, -1.5 }, { 0.5, -0.5 } }
image.png ...
Problem:
selection box rotate are only defined once and rotate with the entity
selection_box = { { -0.5, -1.5 }, { 0.5, -0.5 } }
image.png ...
- Mon Aug 17, 2026 8:23 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4557
Re: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
I've taken some times to actually try to showcase what would be different if we were using the parent property.
I've updated the original message with images of a demo I've made about implementing the parent property
- No more orbit sprite to put simply for a simple line
- Space Connections to ...
I've updated the original message with images of a demo I've made about implementing the parent property
- No more orbit sprite to put simply for a simple line
- Space Connections to ...
- Thu Jun 25, 2026 8:59 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4557
Re: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
Add this as a related request.
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=134210
This would have been to allow planetslib to render moons instead of visible planets in space, as that mod is basically deprecated.
I added it to the main post as a related request, and sure being able to see ...
- Wed Jun 24, 2026 10:18 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Render planet graphics from lua code
- Replies: 8
- Views: 894
Re: Render planet graphics from lua code
Added related request link in Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation thread.
- Wed Jun 24, 2026 10:16 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4557
Re: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
Add this as a related request.
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=134210
This would have been to allow planetslib to render moons instead of visible planets in space, as that mod is basically deprecated.
I added it to the main post as a related request, and sure being able to see ...
- Tue Jun 23, 2026 9:42 pm
- Forum: Modding interface requests
- Topic: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4557
Re: Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation
Would really love if this would be part of 2.1
- Tue Jun 23, 2026 9:42 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Improve Wire Rendering
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3289
Re: Improve Wire Rendering
Would really love if this would be part of 2.1
- Tue Jun 23, 2026 9:26 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.1.7
- Replies: 305
- Views: 232836
Re: Version 2.1.7
i would like to up about two thing I think would be interesting:
Improve Wire Rendering The idea is that wire would get rendered by shader instead of squeezing a sprite (which in a case where wire are straight make them strictly one pixel large)
Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation This would ...
Improve Wire Rendering The idea is that wire would get rendered by shader instead of squeezing a sprite (which in a case where wire are straight make them strictly one pixel large)
Setting Parent Body for a SpaceLocation This would ...
- Fri Jun 05, 2026 11:22 am
- Forum: News
- Topic: Friday Facts #441 - Space logistics improvements
- Replies: 127
- Views: 31457
Re: Friday Facts #441 - Space logistics improvements
Wube never disapoint when it's back to it's FFF.
Some other studios tried the formula, but only Wube has the true recipe.
Some other studios tried the formula, but only Wube has the true recipe.
- Thu Oct 23, 2025 8:30 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.0.72
- Replies: 28
- Views: 32565
Re: Version 2.0.72
i meant more in the sense of "I like building random spaghetti nearby, and occasionally upgrading all power poles on the map to legendary even if not needed", which will inadvertently reconnect the separate power network by accident.
When a block works I usually don't upgrade things like power ...
- Wed Oct 22, 2025 8:09 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: WASM instead of Lua
- Replies: 13
- Views: 5155
Re: WASM instead of Lua
Rimworld modding is C# based, however as far as I understand Rimworld itself is programmed in C# (Unity engine) and the modding "API" is just a hook into the class and object structure directly. It's directly patching the game, not going through a well defined modding api. A different concept than ...
- Wed Oct 22, 2025 7:34 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.0.72
- Replies: 28
- Views: 32565
Re: Version 2.0.72
Yeah separating power grids is a pain though, because each time you put a power pole nearby it will just autoconnect the two networks and you need to undo it, making setups really hard to keep compact, which is likely the reason this change was implemented in the first place.
It also lags quite a ...