[kovarex] [1.1.15] Able to place belts outside placement range

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
h3half
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.15] Able to place belts outside placement range

Post by h3half »

With "Lock belt building to straight line" and "Smart belt dragging" turned off, I'm able to manually place belts outside my normal placement range by attempting to place the belt far away, holding down the placement button, and dragging my cursor into my placement range. As soon as my cursor enters my placement range, a chunk of belts are immediately placed. Many of the belts placed are placed outside my placement range.

Expected results:
Belts begin being placed at my cursor once the cursor enters my placement range. No belts are built outside of my placement range.

Actual results:
Belts are placed once my cursor enters my placement range, but some belts are placed along the line between my initial click and the location my cursor entered my placement range. Those belts are placed outside my placement range.

Reproduction steps:
Ensure "Lock belt building to straight line" and "Smart belt dragging" are off
Hold belts in your cursor
Attempt to place the belts far away by clicking and holding
While holding left mouse button down, drag the cursor to your character

This video shows what I mean. My base is messy and it's dark, but I think it shows the issue pretty clearly.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.15] Able to place belts outside placement range

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

This is a fix for another bug. I see https://forums.factorio.com/94359, but am sure I remember another one that contained a picture of mining drills.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

h3half
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by h3half »

I think you're probably right that this is that bug's fix. Whether or not it's intended behavior, it struck me as weird (why have a placement range limit if I can actually place belts outside that limit, but can't remove those belts that I just placed...). Figured I'd be a good citizen and report it anyways.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Yes, I can make a fix of a fix, that it only applies to finishing the corners and such, but not to this case.
Basically, the extension of the build distance will only apply to positions where you actually built, not those where you clicked too far.

Fixed for 1.1.17

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”