[1.1.12] Wrong maximum production of energy

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
kubiix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.12] Wrong maximum production of energy

Post by kubiix »

This bug comes with PyanodonMod, but I am not sure, if can be fixed on mod level

Short version
1 Boiler with 2 Steam Engines using 165°C Steam -> correct max power is 1,8 MW, but Electric network info shows max value 5,8 MW which is possible to reach only using 600°C Steam.
The wrong value is displayed only when there is enough power in network: As soon as there is shortage, correct max value is displayed

Long version with pictures mentioned by someone else on Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... power_gen/

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.12] Wrong maximum production of energy

Post by boskid »

The value is not wrong. It shows available energy production for a single tick. This behavior is related to the steam engine electric energy source buffer size - its size(capacity) is based on the maximum performance but that means it also works as a tiny accumulator which is able to charge up if consumption is lower than production. It could be changed by making the Generators to only charge its electric energy buffer up to a value proportional to the performance. Its on the edge of a "minor issue" and "not a bug", leaving for someone else to decide.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.12] Wrong maximum production of energy

Post by boskid »

Ok, i did exactly what i described in the above message and i am happy with the results. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.13. This has tiny consequence of making part of the generator's energy buffer not participate (it may not be charged even when enough energy is available) but since it would be sufficient only for a 1 tick of the max advertised production i decided it is acceptable change.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”