[Rseding91] [1.1.1] Power pole does not reconnect when blueprinted over one marked for deconstruction

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
panther391
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Rseding91] [1.1.1] Power pole does not reconnect when blueprinted over one marked for deconstruction

Post by panther391 »

Start with a powerpole with a connection. Mark it for deconstruction. Then place a new blueprint over it. When the original is removed, and then the new pole placed in its place, the new pole does not have the connection. It seems to behave the same whether you do the deconstruction and build by hand or by bots.
Attachments
powerpole.mp4
(4.39 MiB) Downloaded 124 times

Ajedi32
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.1] Power pole does not reconnect when blueprinted over one marked for deconstruction

Post by Ajedi32 »

The same issue seems to occur anytime you place a ghost pole, deconstruct the pole the ghost pole is connected to, then place a real pole over the ghost. Prior to 1.1 the ghost pole would get connected to any remaining (non-destroyed) poles in range once placed. After 1.1 it doesn't get connected to anything.

It seems that the code that automatically re-wires nearby poles to avoid disconnecting them when you destroy a pole doesn't (yet) apply to ghosts.

This has lead to confusion for me on several occasions now when I've tried to cut and paste a pole to move it a few tiles over, only to find that the newly placed pole isn't connected to anything once a construction bot finally gets around to placing it.

panther391
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.1] Power pole does not reconnect when blueprinted over one marked for deconstruction

Post by panther391 »

Yes indeed - I think it can be generalised as placing a ghost pole (A), then removing the pole to which it was connected (B), then placing over the ghost A does not trigger the newly placed pole to update its connections (even if it could conncet to C).
I don't know if you intended these connections to get updated when B is removed, or when A is placed over the ghost.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [1.1.1] Power pole does not reconnect when blueprinted over one marked for deconstruction

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

bcwhite
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bcwhite »

I don't think this is fully fixed (currently v1.1.6). I placed a blueprint on never-touched ground and the grid of power poles are all independent (no wires between them) after being placed by bots.

Could this be something in the blueprint itself? In my sandbox they're all ghosts (originally created in v1.0.0) and I'm taking the blueprint from that.

In fact, in my sandbox, if I manually place actual power poles (medium) over the ghosts, they don't connect.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”