[kovarex] Reconsider when to unlock tips&tricks in the tutorial missions

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[kovarex] Reconsider when to unlock tips&tricks in the tutorial missions

Post by valneq »

On a virgin 1.1.0 install, going into the tutorial level 1 and following the instructions will easily unlock tips&tricks about steam power generation, but the first steam power the player can actually make is in level 3.
Similarly, tips&tricks tells me about belts, splitters and inserters already in the first mission. But those become craftable and relevant only in the second mission.

Please re-consider, which tips&tricks are accessible in the first tutorial missions. New players will most likely appreciate this. Veterans will never notice any difference.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] Reconsider when to unlock tips&tricks in the tutorial missions

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the notice.
I honestly completely forget to check the tutorial with the relation to tips and tricks. Some of them work quite fine (like transport lines and burner inserter refueling etc. in level 2), but some of them really unlock too soon.

I added yet another tip trigger for unlocked recipe and applied it to the relevenat triggers so:
  • The transport belts tip will only trigger in the second levels, when transport belts are unlocked
  • Same with inserters
  • The electricity trigger is now dependent on the steam engine and boiler being unlocked, so it will trigger in level 3, where it is relevant.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”