[1.1.0] Main menu box dragged to the bottom of the screen can't be dragged back up

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
MyNameIsTrez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.0] Main menu box dragged to the bottom of the screen can't be dragged back up

Post by MyNameIsTrez »

Whenever the main menu box is dragged to the bottom of the screen I can't drag it back up. It seems like the main menu box can't get stuck at the top/sides of the screen. This issue may be related to my 2560x1440 resolution monitor. The only solution is alt+f4.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Main menu box dragged to the bottom of the screen can't be dragged back up

Post by valneq »

I can confirm that it gets stuck at the bottom. I also use 2560x1440.

[edit] If the main menu has a green "continue" button, you can activate it by pressing "E", which spawns the new window in the center. All other menus return one level higher when pressing "Esc", also spawning the new window in the center. I'd appreciate if pressing "Esc" in the main menu would just reset the main menu to the center.

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hornwitser »

Can confirm as well. If you turn on the GUI debug features (CTRL+F6/CTRL+F5) you can see a hidden frame of the quickbar being lifted above it when the background scene changes.
Attachments
bug.png
bug.png (1.7 MiB) Viewed 5127 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I'm going to make an executive decision and say: stop hitting yourself.

Don't drag it off-screen if you don't want it off screen.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:01 am
Thanks for the report. I'm going to make an executive decision and say: stop hitting yourself.

Don't drag it off-screen if you don't want it off screen.
… but how are we supposed to find all the things hidden under the menu if we don't move it away? Moving down is an obvious choice to get rid of most of the menu quickly.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The simulation quickbar flow being there is an issue that should be fixed but the dragging fully off-screen I don't consider an actual issue.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Fully off screen is always a bad idea, I agree. No need to do anything about that.

But the issue caused by the invisible quickbar as the screenshot by Hornwitser shows is very counter-intuitive. Glad to hear this will be fixed.

movax20h
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by movax20h »

On my 1920x1920 monitor, I can't reproduce this issue. I can move it to the bottom, as much as I want, bottom-center, bottom-left, bottom-right, and grab it back without issues.
Last edited by movax20h on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

movax20h
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by movax20h »

movax20h wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:13 am
On my 1920x1920 monitor, I can't reproduce this issue. I can move it to the bottom, as much as I want, bottom-center, bottom-left, bottom-right, and grab it back without issues.
I spoke too soon. The dialog is on top, but if I leave it there and the background scene changes, the "toolbar" is on the top, and the dialog can't be focused anymore by clicking in the "toolbar" area. However, if I leave it dangling on a side, I can bring it back back to the top layer and move again.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Main menu box dragged to the bottom of the screen can't be dragged back up

Post by garath »

1. Drag to the bottom of the screen.
2. Notice you can still drag it back up while the current video is playing.
3. After the video changes, you can no longer drag it back up again.

Definite bug.

I left the top of the menu bar showing as well as all of the 'Continue' button showing and still experienced this.

Nordblum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.0] Main menu box dragged to the bottom of the screen can't be dragged back up

Post by Nordblum »

Maybe make the main menu invisible if there's no input for x seconds and make it reappear on any kb/m input?
Glad to hear that it's getting fixed. This is the first time I've ever seen myself something that would be considered a bug.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Came here to post this. The issue isn't about dragging the menu off screen, it's that after the vignette changes the menu becomes completely uninteractable in certain positions. See the attached screenshot. Even with the Single Player button fully exposed, clicking it does nothing, and the menu as a whole is suddenly not draggable even though in that exact same position it was draggable before.

This only happens after the scene changes. It's perfectly fine before that.
Attachments
stuck.png
stuck.png (225.05 KiB) Viewed 4893 times

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

Confirmed that it is the hidden quickbar, and that the mask is topmost on the next simulation.
valneq wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:43 pm

[edit] If the main menu has a green "continue" button, you can activate it by pressing "E", which spawns the new window in the center. All other menus return one level higher when pressing "Esc", also spawning the new window in the center. I'd appreciate if pressing "Esc" in the main menu would just reset the main menu to the center.
Another workaround for recentering any dialog is to use the GUI scale shortcut.

Code: Select all

CTRL+numpad Plus or Minus once
[EDIT to add] The UI scale trick can also be used to reduce the size of some dialogs that also have buttons masked by the hidden simulation quickbar. ref 91802

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks. Fixed in 1.1.2.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”