[1.0.0] Update to 1.1.0 failed: VCDIFF failed for file C:/Program Files/Factorio/bin/x64//factorio.pdb

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.0.0] Update to 1.1.0 failed: VCDIFF failed for file C:/Program Files/Factorio/bin/x64//factorio.pdb

Post by MasterBuilder »

Happened from the auto-update from 1.0 to 1.1.

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Error
VCDIFF failed for file C:/Program Files/Factorio/bin/x64//factorio.pdb
OK   
Also have this in the log:

Code: Select all

0.344 Error Util.cpp:83: Cannot load base mod version 1.0.0 with game version 1.1.0. Update probably failed, please download the game again.
I'll DL full release instead. (EDIT: Downloaded the full 1.1 portable zip. No issues with that; works great.)
(It's possible this is a one-off error, possible disk issues, though I've put a lot of time into Factorio over the past week without any crashes and ran memtest for a long time when I first built the machine.)

(factorio-previous.log has the first error, factorio-current.log has the second.)
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(11.37 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
factorio-current.log
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Last edited by MasterBuilder on Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Update to 1.1.0 failed: VCDIFF failed for file C:/Program Files/Factorio/bin/x64//factorio.pdb

Post by Stevetrov »

I got the same error from the non-stream version.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Update to 1.1.0 failed: VCDIFF failed for file C:/Program Files/Factorio/bin/x64//factorio.pdb

Post by posila »

Update package seems to be busted in some way, so I am just gonna throw this info here:

When this happens, if you go to folder where Factorio saves folder is (e.g. %APPDATA%\Factorio on installed version), there will be "temp" folder which will contain 1.0.0 factorio.exe, so you can copy that back to Factorio\bin\x64 to fix your 1.0.0 install. This doesn't help to update to 1.1.0 without needing to redownload full game, but at least can help you fix the game if you can't redownload it.

Return to “Won't fix.”