[kovarex] [1.0.0] Spidertron order issueing via remote is inconsistently applied across world, map and player view

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
poxX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] [1.0.0] Spidertron order issueing via remote is inconsistently applied across world, map and player view

Post by poxX »

Hi! Love your game.

Whenever I use the spidertron remote to issue an order via left mouse button my spidertron bound to said remote moves towards the left clicked location, whether that order was issued in the world view, map view or player view. Everything absolutely is as expected so far.

However, once I rebind "Build" to shift+left mouse button and "Build ghost" to left mouse button, the spidertron remote exclusively issues orders both in world view and map view, but NOT in player view. Orders can only be issued with shift+left mouse button in player view now.

I define map view as the view one gets when pressing the "Toggle world map" button or clicking the map on the top right at the start of a freeplay game.
I define world view as what happens when the "Zoom into world" keybind is held down long enough in the map view to start seeing tile details when in immediate player or active radar vision.
I define player view as the view one gets when starting a freeplay game, after the cutscene.

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Spidertron order issueing via remote is inconsistently applied across world view, map view and player view

Post by credomane »

I think this is the bug that keeps cropping up in different ways when binding actions to the mouse buttons. After binding the action the the mouse the way you want. Quit Factorio completely and launch it again. See if the keybind works properly now.

If it does work it is that mouse-binding issue again.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.0.0] Spidertron order issueing via remote is inconsistently applied across world, map and player view

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, yea the interaction on the map has special piece of code, and in that piece of code, the "open item" key-bind was used instead of the "build item".
Fixed for 1.1

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”