[Klonan] [0.18.45] Energy weapons damage and Laser turret shooting speed don't say they affect personal laser defense

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
redstonerodent
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Klonan] [0.18.45] Energy weapons damage and Laser turret shooting speed don't say they affect personal laser defense

Post by redstonerodent »

Both researches (Energy weapons damage and Laser turret shooting speed) affect laser turrets and personal laser defenses equally (according to the tooltips and bonuses screen). But the descriptions of the bonuses in the research screen are "Laser turret damage" and "Laser turret shooting speed," which doesn't sound like it includes personal laser defense.

I think "Laser turret" in the description is intended to include personal laser defenses, similarly to how "grenade" (in e.g. Stronger explosives) means grenades and cluster grenades.

I'd suggest either listing personal laser defense explicitly (since laser turrets and personal laser defenses are more different than grenades and cluster grenades), or using a less specific term in the research screen upgrade ("laser"? "laser weapon"? These might not be great either because they could be interpreted to include combat robots).

(This isn't particularly important, especially since the correct information is available in-game at least after you get the research. Also, I'm not the first person to be confused by this.)

EnerJi
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.18.45] Energy weapons damage and Laser turret shooting speed don't say they affect personal laser defense

Post by EnerJi »

Your post is very timely, as I JUST started launching rockets and getting space science yesterday (many, many hours into my first base!) and I was confused by this as I was selecting infinite research options. Thanks for confirming that personal laser is affected by the research, because I don't use laser turrets but I do use personal lasers extensively. :)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Klonan] [0.18.45] Energy weapons damage and Laser turret shooting speed don't say they affect personal laser defens

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report

We have fixed it and we will fix it even harder in fact it will be so fixed you will wonder how you ever played without this fixed before (no hyperbole or satire) (for real we will fix it like 3x more than you even thought was possible)

Anyway 1st step of the fix is done, the tech effect was renamed from `Laser turret damage: +20%` to `Laser damage: +20%`,
Step 2 will blow your mind!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”