[boskid][0.18.30] Electrical Network Info Production number way too high

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Uxi
Inserter
Inserter

[boskid][0.18.30] Electrical Network Info Production number way too high

Post by Uxi »

While in the Electrical Network Info GUI.
The potential production number is way too high during the day, when power demands are sufficient to allow accumulators to charge.
I have around 10GW of both Nuclear and Solar, but it shows a possible production number of 72+ GW.
It is as if it adds the accumulators as possible power producers, but is this really intended?
During the night it only shows the real production number ~9GW (running of ~5GW of nuclear, the rest is accumulators).

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... EF19A77C3/

derpumu
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.30] Electrical Network Info Production number way too high

Post by derpumu »

accumulators are possible power producers, e.g. imagine thousands of lasers firing at once - that power spike could be caught by the accumulators, in your case up to 72GW

Uxi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Uxi »

While you have a valid point, I would prefer that accumulators not be regarded power sources.
During night, the potential power output of the accumulators are not shown, only the real power output from, in my case, nuclear and accumulators, so I don't quite get it.

ospis12
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ospis12 »

If I understand you correctly you want to have in production, only these power sources, that don't store power?
Well name suggest that, cause production, is changing one energy source to electrical energy.
Maybe change in naming schema would solve that, just change form "production" to "network capacity"?

Uxi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Uxi »

I have taken some screenshots to try to explain my ramblings.

Accumulators Charging:
84.6GW / 460GW shown as 90+% on the Production Graph. I don't understand this ratio.
I can understand why accumulator potential output power is added to production capacity, but I find it annoying.
Accumulators Charging.jpg
Accumulators Charging.jpg (995.68 KiB) Viewed 5103 times

Accumulators Charged:
When charged the ratio changes to ~10% which is in line with 45.9 GW / 460 GW ratio.
Accumulator Charged.jpg
Accumulator Charged.jpg (1021.57 KiB) Viewed 5103 times

Accumulators Discharging:
As soon as the accumulators start discharging, the potential accumulator power output is removed (YEAH :D )
And only the real accumulator power output is shown as 100% of the actual output, not ~15% of the potential output capability.
Accumulators Discharging.jpg
Accumulators Discharging.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 5103 times

I'm still not convinced that this is all intended behavior, or?

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

i would definitely appreciate a checkbox/option to only show real capacity, it helps with planning. needing do maths on the actual connected entities to figure it out is un-Factorio - and also impossible, since it doesn't give exact values for how many solar panels we have.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][0.18.30] Electrical Network Info Production number way too high

Post by boskid »

Ok, the issue is now fixed for 1.1. It comes bundled with other changes like the max production will no longer include potential accumulator(tertiary) output, only actual output when they are discharging.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [boskid][0.18.30] Electrical Network Info Production number way too high

Post by ptx0 »

boskid wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:36 pm
Ok, the issue is now fixed for 1.1. It comes bundled with other changes like the max production will no longer include potential accumulator(tertiary) output, only actual output when they are discharging.
nice! it would be cool if it were like "47GW used / 80GW available (135 GW burst)"

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”