[0.18.29] Task completed sound and alert plays when only 47/50 sectors are scanned

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.18.29] Task completed sound and alert plays when only 47/50 sectors are scanned

Post by Xorimuth »

At the end of tutorial level 3, you have to scan 50 sectors with a radar. However, when I scanned my 47th sector, I received the 'Task completed' sound, and the task flashed yellow as if it had been completed. This happened again at 48 and 49, and then finally at 50 it finished the scenario as normal. This is only a minor bug, but it was rather unexpected and potentially confusing.

Attached is a screen recording, however it didn't record any sound. Nonetheless, the sound played whenever it started flashing yellow. Note that in the recording, I was playing with cheat mode, but this was only to quickly replicate the bug in order to record it. It happened exactly the same on my first normal playthrough.

Screen recording: https://imgur.com/a/YAhpCTR

Log file:
factorio-current.log
(14.27 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.29] Task completed sound and alert plays when only 47/50 sectors are scanned

Post by Klonan »

Ok, I have fixed this for the next releaseq

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.29] Task completed sound and alert plays when only 47/50 sectors are scanned

Post by Kyralessa »

Why do you think this is a bug?

Seems to me it's indicating that you're getting close. It doesn't say the task is complete, and it doesn't take away the status window in the upper-left, until the task is actually complete.

You may find it confusing and prefer something different, but I don't see why this is under "Bug Reports".

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Kyralessa, I think that at best it is unintentionally useful in the way that you describe. But no other task does this when you are close, and generally unintentional behaviour (ie bugs) should be fixed if possible, right?

To be clear, this is in no way a major issue, but I still believe that it was undesirable behaviour.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”