[boskid][0.18.4] Crashes loading map: "Count of rolling stocks on me does not match cached value."

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
HeavySmoke333
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[boskid][0.18.4] Crashes loading map: "Count of rolling stocks on me does not match cached value."

Post by HeavySmoke333 »

I have a large save, around 800 hours, Had saved and shut down game, downloaded mini me mod, restarted game and when trying to load of map game crashes. Updated factorio to latest version however crashes persist upon loaded saved map, other saves still load and new game still starts, deleted mod and still crashes..

Crash report, Mod list and game file attached
Attachments
mod-list.json
(595 Bytes) Downloaded 103 times
factorio-current.log
(9.7 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Last edited by HeavySmoke333 on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Game crashes when loading map

Post by Loewchen »

Upload the save to google drive and post the link please.

HeavySmoke333
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18.4] Crashes loading map: "Count of rolling stocks on me does not match cached value."

Post by HeavySmoke333 »

Fast reply! Now uploading, standby

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.4] Crashes loading map: "Count of rolling stocks on me does not match cached value."

Post by boskid »

Hm.... this is interesting
81102-a.png
81102-a.png (278.1 KiB) Viewed 5162 times
because i can do this (after fixing cache to apparently "valid" value):
81102-b.png
81102-b.png (363.73 KiB) Viewed 5162 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

That shouldn't be possible to do. The rail should have non-zero trainEnteredCount and should not let itself to be mined.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

posila wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:39 pm
That shouldn't be possible to do. The rail should have non-zero trainEnteredCount and should not let itself to be mined.
I know, but this means that calculateTrainEnteredCount is broken and cached value is valid (i did small save recovery test by updating cached value to a value from calculateTrainEnteredCount)

-- edit:
Temporary fix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wK63T6 ... Dkh20/view - i could load that without that consistency check but i had to move affected train so it would fix rolling stock distance.
It may be related to 80875, i will have to look

HeavySmoke333
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HeavySmoke333 »

Wow thats brilliant thanks for having a look and hopefully resolving to the point where I can continue on the same map, - Now downloading the fixed version. I had heard rumours that you guys were well on the case resolving issues and the fact that this has been wrapped up in about 12 hours just shows that.

I expect this problem has been caused by the mods that I am using -

Configurable train speeds and infinite breaking speed, The way I have the aforementioned mods set up is that trains run probably up to 100 times faster than usual and come to an almost instant stop upon breaking, I imagine in an unmodded version this problem may never arise?

Anyhow, thanks so much, Brilliant game and Brilliant team, keep up the good work!

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

HeavySmoke333 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:39 pm
Configurable train speeds and infinite breaking speed, The way I have the aforementioned mods set up is that trains run probably up to 100 times faster than usual and come to an almost instant stop upon breaking, I imagine in an unmodded version this problem may never arise?
That was piece of information i was missing.
81102-repr.png
81102-repr.png (381.77 KiB) Viewed 5064 times

HeavySmoke333
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HeavySmoke333 »

Sorry, they were listed in the mod list

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][0.18.4] Crashes loading map: "Count of rolling stocks on me does not match cached value."

Post by boskid »

I did some small trains movement fixes so this gaps should not happen anymore (until you get to even higher train speeds, please dont), however i did not add migration so given save file will still be broken. I hope previously provided, fixed save file will be enough.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [boskid][0.18.4] Crashes loading map: "Count of rolling stocks on me does not match cached value."

Post by ptx0 »

boskid wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:48 pm
I did some small trains movement fixes so this gaps should not happen anymore (until you get to even higher train speeds, please dont), however i did not add migration so given save file will still be broken. I hope previously provided, fixed save file will be enough.
is it possible for the overpowered train speed and brakes to hit this condition? if so, is not possible to limit the top speed based on this so any fuel can't cause breaking state?

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

ptx0 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:06 pm
is it possible for the overpowered train speed and brakes to hit this condition? if so, is not possible to limit the top speed based on this so any fuel can't cause breaking state?
In vanilla it is not possible, but with mods it could happen. Safe speed should be below 34.19/tick (half length of tight circle per tick), that is 7385km/h as shown in tooltips. Above that speed i will not guarantee anything.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

boskid wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:03 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:06 pm
In vanilla it is not possible, but with mods it could happen. Safe speed should be below 34.19/tick (half length of tight circle per tick), that is 7385km/h as shown in tooltips. Above that speed i will not guarantee anything.
awesome, since this is a known and somewhat static value you should indeed be able to hard limit the speed any train travels at and throw that onto the list of hard properties of trains that cannot be modded outside of a given range. ye know, like you would if it caused a buffer overflow.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

realistically, the train should be derailing and cause substantial losses of life and other property if it's trying to round a bend in less than 12 parsec.

HeavySmoke333
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HeavySmoke333 »

Hey thanks again for the repair, Save game is working fine. Lost play time but a small price to pay. Just in case your interested to know the trains max speed was a little over Mach 21

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”