[Klonan] [0.18.3] Wave Defense scenario won prematurely

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Solinya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Klonan] [0.18.3] Wave Defense scenario won prematurely

Post by Solinya »

I was playing Wave Defense killing spawners, when the scenario suddenly said I had won, despite there being a large number of biters/spawners to the south. Here's the post-victory map, showing all those biters to the southwest. The scenario claimed I won as soon as I eliminated the last spawner in the Northwest.

I had also noticed the south had been attack-free for many days, but I figured I didn't fully understand all the spawning conditions, and I had cleared out most of the biter nests near my wall.

I was playing with two softmods, but neither should have impacted victory conditions or spawned/removed any enemies. One is an in-game clock, and the other modifies the player's character bonuses. I've attached my save from right before the last region in the northwest - kill all the remaining spawners and the game ends.

Also, looked like there were some pathing problems with the biter waves near the end. The five days prior to victory had several hundred biters clumped up in the corner, until I went to go wipe out those nests.
Attachments
Wave Defense-Last Base.zip
(5.75 MiB) Downloaded 100 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Klonan] [0.18.3] Wave Defense scenario won prematurely

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report

I am not sure how the game state ended up this way, but I have added some extra double checks and things to the scenario, so hopefully it won't happen again.

GhostlyDark
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GhostlyDark »

Not fixed in v0.18.4

Before Victory:
Defense 4.zip
Before Victory
(5.59 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Victory, after destroying a few spawners in the south east:
Defense 5.zip
Victory
(5.49 MiB) Downloaded 101 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Hmmm, it is strange, the state is somehow in a bad state

I have done some larger changes which will be done next week, after that can you see if you can reproduce the problem

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

we see an awful lot of that 'swarming' behaviour in our 18.x biter worlds as well, they consume an extreme amount of CPU time while all huddling on... nothing. is this normal? I can make a new thread if you prefer.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

ptx0 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:03 pm
we see an awful lot of that 'swarming' behaviour in our 18.x biter worlds as well, they consume an extreme amount of CPU time while all huddling on... nothing. is this normal? I can make a new thread if you prefer.
If its not when playing wave defense scenario, that its unreleated, so should be in a new bug report

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”