This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
- Manual Inserter
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:40 am
- Open a window with a search box (Blueprint Library, Trains, Crafting, Research)
- Click the search magnifying glass twice (to show and then hide the text input field)
- Begin typing text and unexpectedly see that the items are being filtered by what your are typing
- Click the magnifying glass again and see the text that you just typed
I can't reproduce this bug using ctrl+f, since typing that twice does not dismiss the search field. Also, I unexpectedly can not use ctrl+f to show the search box if I have clicked the magnifying glass without closing and reopening the window.
This bug may be more noticeable if typing a letter to open a close a window (i.e. type 'e' to open the crafting window, click magnifying glass twice, type 'e' in confusion as the window isn't closing and items are being filtered).
I recorded a video at Google Drive link
- Filter Inserter
- Posts: 557
- Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:40 pm
I can confirm this: I came here to report the exact same thing. Applies to, as far as I can tell this only applies to the search field. They seem to use some sort of non-standard link between focus management and changes - or at least one opaque to my poking around the object model at runtime - so all other fields end up doing the right thing™ when focus changes or they are hidden, but search fields don't.
- Factorio Staff
- Posts: 7424
- Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:00 am
Thanks for the report, it is fixed for the next version.