Pipe not connecting correctly to electric pump or boiler in blueprint [0.17.52] [minor issue]

Bugs that are actually features.
jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Pipe not connecting correctly to electric pump or boiler in blueprint [0.17.52] [minor issue]

Post by jockeril »

I opened a blueprint that includes pipes connecting to electric pump and boilers and found that the pipe logic doesn't consider the pipe needs to bend to connect to the pump or the boiler (and apparently assembly machines too). This behavior was observed with blueprints from 0.16.x and 0.17.52 as can be seen in the attached pictures,

From original BP where I observed the behavior (0.16.x ?)
From original BP where I observed the behavior (0.16.x ?)
0.16.x_pipe connection to pump and boiler in BP.JPG (38.52 KiB) Viewed 918 times

Same behavior in 0.17.52
Same behavior in 0.17.52
0.17.52_pipe connection to pump and boiler in BP.JPG (51.18 KiB) Viewed 918 times

This behavior occurs when the pipe and other object's liquid connector are not in the same orientation it would seem, so that can be the reason. I expected the pipes to get the right shape - in this case a bent pipe connecting to the pump and boiler and not a straight pipe that is just "near" the other object,

This is not a major game breaking issue but the BP pipe logic is supposed to work in a certain way for a reason right ?
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Pipe not connecting correctly to electric pump or boiler in blueprint [0.17.52] [minor issue]

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. Pipes don't render previews to non pipe entities in blueprints as an intended simplification and performance gain.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”