[kovarex] [0.17.25] Negative emissions should record actual pollution absorbed

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.25] Negative emissions should record actual pollution absorbed

Post by Ultros »

As far as I can tell, items with negative emissions are currently only used in mods, but since the game already handles this unexpected output of negative emissions value as a pollution consumer (excellent design!), it should not be too difficult to record the actual pollution emission instead of a flat value. As-is,having any items with negative pollution emissions results in incorrect values (more pollution absorbed than produced) in the GUI.

I noticed this after playing for a while with the Air Filtering mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/air-filtering

The mod uses a "furnace" with negative emissions to "smelt" an air filter item, but I've noticed that the amount of pollution that is showing in the pollution production system is a flat value.

https://i.imgur.com/QmOQsQM.png

I've attached a minimal test scenario using that mod to explain the issue.
Attachments
negative-pollution.zip
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 128 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.25] Negative emissions should record actual pollution absorbed

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report.
Ultros wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:25 pm
It should not be too difficult to record the actual pollution emission instead of a flat value. As-is,having any items with negative pollution emissions results in incorrect values (more pollution absorbed than produced) in the GUI.
You are right, it wasn't difficult indeed :)

Fixed for the next version.

AM1875
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.25] Negative emissions should record actual pollution absorbed

Post by AM1875 »

Did this get fixed in 0.17.26? Now my pollution graph is showing pollution-emitting machines on the “consumption” side of the graph.

Vanilla 0.17.26, no mods.
screenshot

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

AM1875 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:13 pm
Did this get fixed in 0.17.26? Now my pollution graph is showing pollution-emitting machines on the “consumption” side of the graph.

Vanilla 0.17.26, no mods.
screenshot

That doesn't make sense, these are pollution emitters, not consumers, and therefore should not fall under the category of "negative emissions" devices consuming pollution that are related to this bug report. I just downloaded 0.17.26 and set up a couple of mining drills and they are showing consumption of pollution (although they are still generating pollution), so I think this is a new bug and should be reported as such.

-edit- It's already been reported, viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69231

It appears that everything is right now, except that producers and consumers are reversed.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”