[0.17.11] Incorrect Graphic Overlays with Boilers, Pipes, and Player

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
TheBrownster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.11] Incorrect Graphic Overlays with Boilers, Pipes, and Player

Post by TheBrownster »

Hello!
When running alongside a pipe that is attached to a boiler, the character is graphically displayed as beneath the boiler pipe input but above the pipe.
You aren't able to walk through any pipes, it is just a graphics issue.

To reproduce:
Place down pipes connected to a boiler with the steam output facing down. The graphics issue only appears to happen with that orientation. The pipes also must be either straight or coming in from above.
Once the pipes and boilers are placed down, walk towards the boiler while pressed up against the pipes (you can get the weird graphics by walking from other directions, but walking along the pipes most reliably reproduces it)

Log file: https://pastebin.com/BDLgxWp9

Thanks!

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.11] Incorrect Graphic Overlays with Boilers, Pipes, and Player

Post by invisus »

Here are corrected image links for this:

However, I don't think this is a bug. Something something, 2D game pretending to be 3D.

TheBrownster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheBrownster »

Thanks for the image fixes!
And if it is not a bug, oh well. Just something funny looking and I didn't see another report on it so I wanted to make sure they were aware of it. :)

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by invisus »

TheBrownster wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:57 pm
Thanks for the image fixes!
And if it is not a bug, oh well. Just something funny looking and I didn't see another report on it so I wanted to make sure they were aware of it. :)
Sure thing!

Currently something seems wrong with the forum search function (viewtopic.php?f=55&t=67087), so tracking down and finding similar reports is proving difficult at the moment.

Similar issues between with refineries/chem plants with belts/splitters/undergrounds right in front of them, and other issues with inserter arms always being "on top" etc.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for writing up a bug report, especially thank you for not forgetting to include Factorio log!

invisus took the words right out of my mouth and it's not really a bug. This could be solved pretty much only by making boiler collision box larger to prevent player from getting into that position, which is not someting I'd want to do just as a fix for this kind of graphical glitch.

Return to “Won't fix.”