[0.17.9][Linux] Terrible FPS performance at all times

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
DragonMaus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.9][Linux] Terrible FPS performance at all times

Post by DragonMaus »

What I did:
Set the graphics settings as low as I could(*) and launched a new game. I did not build anything, or even move.
What happened:
The game maxes out at roughly 13-15 FPS. (Once I start building, it tends to dip down to 5 or 6 FPS.)
What I expected:
The game would run at about 60 FPS, with slight dips of 10-15 frames when looking at complex factory layouts.
This was the behaviour exhibited in 0.16.* and earlier.

How often does this happen?
Since the release of 0.17, this happens 100% of the time.

Addendum:
I run Factorio on an older laptop, but have never before had any significant performance issues, as long as I set the graphics options conservatively. This is a significant regression that makes the game very difficult to play.

Screenshot: (taken at night to increase visibility of the debug text; the time of day does not seem to affect performance)
(The dithering issue is reported in another thread.)

(*) I do not know if this is a bug or not, but I cannot set the graphics-quality option below normal; trying to set it to low or very-low causes the game to reset it to the default of high.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.28 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.9][Linux] Terrible FPS performance at all times

Post by posila »

Unfortunatelly I don't know how to diagnose this problem on Linux, I am sorry.

Similar issue: 69293

Return to “Technical Help”