[Oxyd] [0.17.4] Can add to other player's shared blueprints

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
missingsemicolon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.17.4] Can add to other player's shared blueprints

Post by missingsemicolon »

If you click on another player's blueprint library while holding a blueprint, it will put your blueprint into their library. These blueprints are visible to both you and the other player and stay even after disconnecting and reconnecting. It should be saying that I can not modify another players storage like it does when trying to delete a blueprint from another players shared blueprints.

Here is a video of the problem:

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Can add to other player's shared blueprints

Post by CDarklock »

I don't find this much of a problem, honestly, but can you erase, delete, or modify another user's blueprint? Because that's serious.

EDIT: Maybe make this an optional toggle that defaults to off? I can see it being useful to connect to a server and have someone else troubleshoot your blueprints, then save the "corrected" versions into your library. But I would really rather not have that open to just anyone and everyone. And I'd prefer they can only add blueprints to your library, not alter the ones you already have.

missingsemicolon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

You can not delete or modify anything in another user's blueprint library which is why I found this odd. Either way, if you need someone to troubleshoot your blueprints there is still the option of them getting it from your blueprint library or just putting the blueprint onto the ground.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

missingsemicolon wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:09 pm
You can not delete or modify anything in another user's blueprint library which is why I found this odd. Either way, if you need someone to troubleshoot your blueprints there is still the option of them getting it from your blueprint library or just putting the blueprint onto the ground.
Looks to me like this is a convenience feature with few if any security implications, then. Can you think of anything bad that might happen if someone gives you a new blueprint?

missingsemicolon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Nothing bad except for someone just flooding your blueprint storage. Just seemed like a bug especially since it only happens when you hold a blueprint item not when you drag a blueprint from anywhere else

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by CDarklock »

missingsemicolon wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:36 pm
Nothing bad except for someone just flooding your blueprint storage.
It would be kind of annoying to open your blueprints and find three thousand blueprints named "NERRRRRRRD" or something. ;)

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Or a blueprint with too many items for your system to handle in a timely manner.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [0.17.4] Can add to other player's shared blueprints

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, fixed in 0.17.7.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”