[kovarex] [0.17.4] Research tooltip persists in some situations

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Juli_324
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.4] Research tooltip persists in some situations

Post by Juli_324 »

Me and my friend found a bug in the new Research GUI, you should be able to reproduce it by simply hovering over an item in the Research-Window, while a Research is finishing. (you can do it multiple times, so you can have multiple Tooltips) The Tooltip will stay on, even if you move away from the Item.

Another bug we found is, if you have a Tooltip and it makes an auto-safe (manually did not work), the Tooltip gets blurry.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_Y3JbQMv8

Gragorath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.4] Research tooltip persists in some situations

Post by Gragorath »

This issue is still present in 0.17.6 and seems to happen whenever the selected technology changes state while a tooltip is present.
It's very easily invoked by using backspace to select the previous technology while hovering an entity/item.

1. Change selected technology while hovering an entity/item that technology would unlock. This can be done by pressing backspace. I suspect this would happen in a multiplayer game if another player changes research while hovering an entity/item too, though I haven't verified that.

2. Tooltip persists close to the cursor no matter what it's pointing at. Several tooltips can be overlayed and locked in persistence with above method as shown in the attached screenshot. The tooltip disappears when the Research GUI is closed.

3. Expected behavior is for tooltips to disappear as soon as the cursor isn't hovering the relevant entity/item anymore.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.55 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
bug-tooltip.jpg
bug-tooltip.jpg (156.28 KiB) Viewed 1842 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.4] Research tooltip persists in some situations

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for 0.17.7 now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”